Best Dreambox Setup

watek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ £70 per month
My Location
Warwickshire
Hi All,

I have been looking around and have decided that the ultimate system is the new DM8000 but no-one is selling it yet.

So my problem is:

I currently receive SK*+ HD and 1 multiroom subscription costing £69 per month(Greedy Bastards)
I want to setup a motorised system but do not want to miss out on 24, ER, Lost and Prison Break (like Most V*rginM*dia Customers)
I know D*recTV broadcast these show on Fox*, ABC* ect.
I know the different encryption use i.e. N*gravion, Via*cess ect.

I want to spend approx £300 on an entry level Dreambox setup which can use CAMS and KEYS to decrypt various channels (but not UK ones because that would be illegal:-)

I would really appreciate any guidance on this or point me to a sticky would be fine.

I would like to start with an entry level Dreambox system (or other if better) and then upgrade to DM8000 when released and use the extra box as a card sharer.

I basically want the most flexible motorised/fixed disk and receiver setup along with what image would be best to use.

I AM SURE EVERYONE ASKS THESE QUESTIONS BUT I CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER AND I HAVE LOOKED.

I would like to move quickly so any info would be appreciated, if you are a dealer email me.

Thanks

John Walker

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome the forum.

No email addresses and no mobile phone numbers.

Have you looked in the Dreambox section?

£300 will get you a DM500s, a 90cm dish, a Moteck SG2100a, cable etc.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant illegally cr&ck UK channels anyway - they are totally secure.

You can get a DB 7xxx series for around 300 quid. The 7020 is almost the same as the 7000 except the 7020 has an rf modulator.

Dont worry about images until you have the DB.

If you want to spend £300 in total then mhku's enty level system would be suitable.

watek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ £70 per month
My Location
Warwickshire
You guys are quick.

mhku sorry for the email and phone, still a newbie.

I am sure you guys (and girls) will point me in the right direction.

p.s. if I am off the mark with a Dreambox then please correct me.

Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The Dreambox section is here:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/

The Dreambox is not an easy box to use. Have a good read :)

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Watek, if you are wanting something you can plug in and be at home with immediately then the DB isnt the box for you - it take WEEKS of getting to know before you get the best out of it. I bought a 7020 last summer, and whilst Ive got the basics sorted out long ago theres still some very odd quirks I havent got my head around yet, and Im probably only using 20% of it capabilities :eek:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing I would add here, is that if you are looking for a system to pretty much act as a direct and consistent replacement for your existing Sky setup, you will probably be disappointed.

watek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ £70 per month
My Location
Warwickshire
Hi Guys,

I had a Nokia DB*x 2 for 24 months and kind of worked out all the crucks with the images ect. My preference was N*utrino and I worked out the Bouquet Editor and a few extra functions.
I like the hard drive recording and EPG with Sk* and believe I can get simular functionality with a DM8000 but just want to make sure the Encryption fixes are worked out before spending £500 on a receiver.
It will not hurt so much as I will get £250 for my Sk* HD box. It would be nice if I could subscribe to the minimum SK* package and use that in the Dreamb*x

p.s. I have been told a 1.2 Meter dish is better to receive american channels, is that correct?

Thanks Again

John

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
watek said:
p.s. I have been told a 1.2 Meter dish is better to receive american channels, is that correct?

Thanks Again

John

You'd probably need a slingbox and a friend or relitave in the US to watch things via DISH or DirecTV, seeing how their satellites are only pointing to America, just as Astra 1 & 2, Hotbird and a few others are only available to us in Europe... :)

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
as said before : if it's encryption you're after, you'll be disappointed. SKY encryption is secure, but you CAN watch SKY on your dreambox if you have a valid card (and subscription). Currently cracked systems are Premiere (Germany), Canal+ (Spain), TV Cabo (Portugal) and TPS (France). TPS will become secure in about 18 months, though, when they switch off Hotbird.
But a lot can happen in 18 months......

schniedelbums

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish + Astra 19.2E Dish + DiseC 1.2 switch + Dreambox 7000S + Dreambox 500T
My Location
Berkshire
Please also keep in mind that the SKY EPG is proprietary and you will at the most get a "now and next" EPG with a dreambox. There is one other way but it involves a PC downloading the EPG data from the radiotimes website and then feeding it into a plugin on the dreambox - less than comfortable. Also there is no guarantee on how long the software cams will be able to read the videogard encrypted SKY channels. One tweek from them and you are back to watching French, Spanish and German channels ;-)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
schniedelbums said:
One tweek from them and you are back to watching French, Spanish and German channels ;-)

Fine by me while they're still compromised. Mr.M's little earner can go back in its box where it belongs :-rofl2

Llew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Llew said:
Fine by me while they're still compromised. Mr.M's little earner can go back in its box where it belongs :-rofl2

Llew

Not if you've already sold it to cover the cost of the new equipment Llew. ;)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Much as I'd like to, I can't do without my daily fix of Racing UK :-Nooo