uk
thanks guys will set it to 25 then go from there

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
hi guys is there an easy way to find true south have searched the net there's lots of deferent ways but is there an easy simple way

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Why do you need to?

In practice, you align your motorised system to your south satellite, which is Thor at 0.8W.

PS. As this is clearly related to your current Project, I shall merge the Topics.

Creating new Topics for each aspect of a single Project is confusing ...... new contributors don't know what the background is and even regulars can't be expected to remember who posted what where.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You True South is your Longitude position, negative longitude readings = West, positive East, e.g., -1.234 = 1.234 West.
If using USALS, you don't need to align the dish, to true South, you set everything up to 0, enter your Latitude, and Longitude, into your receiver, and use your receiver to sent the dish to a suitable satellite, like 0.8W.
Then you physically move the dish, and motor, on the mount, to get the strongest possible signal, on 0.8W, also adjusting the elevation, to get the strongest signal.
You then send it to your furthest East, and West, satellites, to check the signal quality, moving it back to 0.8W to make any minor adjustments.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes indeed. As also mentioned here

A

Archive4

3e756e2.png

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
The quicker people grasp that the markings on the rear plates on dishes are not perceivable as the true marks then the quicker they will help themselves in such a situation, I.e. they are not gospel, set up roughly in that area then make the manual adjustments upon signal reception mate.

Sent from my thl 2015A using Tapatalk