Best Motor for Gibertini 1.25m dish

T

tigertimtim

My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
Hello,

Iam upgrading the size of my dish to a 1.25 Gibertini, ive been told i would need i different motor than the one iam already using for my 1 m dish, can anyone please recommend which motor i should go for and where to buy from (pm please)

thank you
Tim

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Probably not a diseqc one I would say.
Got one of these plates, and they are a very good sail when it's windy.
Something in the 36V catagory is what you need, either H-H or polar mount and jack.

L.:)

T

tigertimtim

My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
is a Stab HH 120 motor ok for a 1.25 dish ?

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
It will turn it OK for a while, but you have to think of that small plastic drive train trying not to strip itself when the wind is trying otherwise. I would always err on the side of caution, especially if the dish is going on the wall or the roof.

L

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Moteck SG2100A is no problem on the Gibertini 125cm dish.

Several DXers in Germany run with this combination with no problems.

jakenl

jakenl

My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
Is there anyone who has a picture of a Gibertini-Moteck combination.
Someone I know has recently replaced his Triax for a Gibertini 125.
He says that this dish doesn't fit on the Moteck and had to replace the motor for a Stab HH-120, which is much slower.
Perhaps a picture can clear up some things.

Jakenl

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Despite what people are "getting away with", I really do not recommend the Moteck, or in fact any other DiseqC motor for driving a 1.25m dish, regardless of how light it is, unless it is in a very well sheltered location.

Pretty much without exception, the DiseqC motors which I have seen driving a dish bigger than 90cm, have had excessive backlash (play) in the arm and although this can be adjusted, there are a finite amount of times you can do it.

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I like this image from satellite superstore.

I'm sure they won't mind me using it to get the point across.
OK, it's a bit extreme, but you get the idea.

comparedisec.jpg

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I must confess that the Jaeger SM-1224 is a lovely piece of kit, shame I haven't got the room for a bigger dish. :)

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, my dream combo right there in that wee picture...

I think I'll have to change wives before I change dishes though. And credit card companies.

L

Likvid

My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
jakenl said:
Is there anyone who has a picture of a Gibertini-Moteck combination.
Someone I know has recently replaced his Triax for a Gibertini 125.
He says that this dish doesn't fit on the Moteck and had to replace the motor for a Stab HH-120, which is much slower.
Perhaps a picture can clear up some things.

Jakenl
Here:

Gibertini 125cm/SG2100A Moteck.

pict01312ft.jpg

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If he didn't have a sunken windless garden then he might struggle .

Still dodgy though

L

Likvid

My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Here are some more working setups, this one with a STAB motor.

image002.jpg

johnsattuk

johnsattuk

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
rolfw said:
I must confess that the Jaeger SM-1224 is a lovely piece of kit, shame I haven't got the room for a bigger dish. :)
I'm sure it would take a small dish :D

I quite like that motor, I have been wondering if it would be possible to modify one to diseqC control but with a separate 36v supply

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just use a Vbox, does exactly that. :)

PS. Don't think I've even got room for the motor. :D

L

Likvid

My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
johnsattuk said:
I'm sure it would take a small dish :D

I quite like that motor, I have been wondering if it would be possible to modify one to diseqC control but with a separate 36v supply
The quality on the Jaeger isn't that good as some beleive, there are reported problems of the metal cracking during higher winds, look at the pic below, i guess it's the famous weak Chinese metal again that is spooking.

10012359nm.jpg

johnsattuk

johnsattuk

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
rolfw said:
Just use a Vbox, does exactly that. :)

PS. Don't think I've even got room for the motor. :D
I have looked at the Vbox, but it's yet one more box and cables in my stack, as far as I know, does not have 'usals' or 'goto 0' which I really like.

I am suprised that somebody isn't making a high power motor with builtin diseqC. I think that I shall be canabilising an SG2100a to experiment with.

Anybody got one with burnt out motor or stripped shaft or cracked case, I only want the electronics. :D

I have been looking for info on the diseqC commands that the receivers send out, I need to know the movement per pulse. I think it is 0.1deg but have not found out definitively yet. :(

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Likvid said:
The quality on the Jaeger isn't that good as some beleive, there are reported problems of the metal cracking during higher winds, look at the pic below, i guess it's the famous weak Chinese metal again that is spooking.
What sized dish was it driving?

johnsattuk

johnsattuk

My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Mids, UK
Is there room inside the motor case for a small PCB, do you have any pics of the rest of the motor. :D:D