Best Multi-Sat Dish?

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Hi All,

I've been out of the "game" for a while now and was wondering what the best dish to buy for a multi-sat setup would be?

I'd like to have a fixed dish with some sort of multi-LNB bracket to recieve Astra2, Astra1 & HotBird. I currently have an aged Humax F1CI and a Matrix Revolutions CAM (will these still work ok?) and am located on the sunny West Sussex coast. Ideally I'd like to spend around £100 or less.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

dK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I would say the Raven Gemini, the 70cm version should suffice for those sats, but there seems to be supply problems at the moment with Piling all their eggs in the Sky minidish basket.

Otherwise, use the Triax TD 80 cm with four sat bracket, should get those sats and with the bullet LNBs, you should be able to get 16E as well. :)

You will still be able to pick up a bit with the Mrev latest firmware. :)

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Thankyou Rolf :)

Could I just trouble you with a couple more?

Do you have a recommended supplier for this dish etc?

What are "Bullet LNBs"?

Thanks again
dK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a recommendation, but This Supplier has the dish with bracket and bullet LNBs, they have a much smaller feed horn and body, so can be placed closer together.

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Excellent!

Will I be able to re-use my Sky+ Quad-LNB from my minidish or do I need the one listed on that website?

Cheers,
dK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If your Sky LNB has a 40mm collar, then it will be usable, not ideal, but will work. :)

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Thanks Rolf, you're a star! :)