Best package for digital TV

M

mrob

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a CAM for use with my CI receiver. Which CAM/Card Programmer/Codes would be the best for english language programming. I have access to 28.2, 19.2 and 13 east.

Regs,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Depends very much on your budget Mark, if you can afford £200 then there are still some of the Irdeto cams around that can be or have been flashed to allcam or freecam, thus giving you Mediaguard and iredeto on the same cam.

If not then either of those two systems will give you a bundle of English language film channels

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Irdeto series1 CAM flashed with FreeCAM2 v0.17 firmware, used in combination with a Funcard or "Silvercard" (piccard2) suitably programmed with Fun3-in-1 or DS9 (respectively) will give access to Irdeto/Betacrypt, Mediaguard ("seca") AND Viaccess.

er, at the moment. Who knows how lomg this bonanza will last. My guess is: not more than a few more months.

But I also want to point out that the question is a bit strange. The best way to approach this issue is to find out which channels are available (eg by referencing a site such as Lyngsat), then determine which are on your available sats and under which encryption system(s) they are broadcast. Only then can you make an informed choice. And it all, finally, depends on your taste of course (which you didin't tell us about). Sport? Adult? General entertainment? News? Film? etc etc. They come in varying quantities...

2old