Best Programmer & best cards for Xcam help, please

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
Hi Guy's

Can someone tell me or even thread me in the right direction. I have an xcam 1064 which I need to update. What's the best programmer to use, what mode and also what cards are best. I read that Fun6, Tit, Knot etc are good but budget is limited and I would like some reliable stuff to use. Also I can't move the reciver nearer to my pc so can I take out the cam and connect to programmer to update?

Cheersf for any help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know, you can use 2 x fun6 cards or maybe even a MutzNutz unit, but if you receiver is too far away from your PC, the other options are no good. You may have to resort to moving the receiver whilst programming the CAM.

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
Thanks rolfw.

Looks like update by card then, don't think the missus would appreciate the PC in the living room!

Interested in having a card that AU V*****s + Sly. I take it the tit card is a better option for Xcam etc.

Thanks again for the quick response.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
At the moment the X-cam will get everything without a card (except Conax), I would still be inclined to unplug the receiver and take it to your computer when an upgrade is required, it is so much more reliable with the X-CAM loader.