Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
1m Orbital Motorised Dish
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
I have in my garage, an 80 cm motorised meshed dish. I am going to install this dish when I sort a suitable box out. The problem is, I can't choose a box, if I don't know what channels I am after.

I am after Premiership/1st division footy! I have heard names of the popular ones like, 1 west, 13 east ect. Which one will give me what i need at a cheap price with good picture quality! FTA if possible, but encryption would not be a problem (as long as I can get the card!!!!)

ART Sport seems good, whats the picture quality like?

thanks

wolfboy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
wolfboy said:
I have in my garage, an 80 cm motorised meshed dish. I am going to install this dish when I sort a suitable box out. The problem is, I can't choose a box, if I don't know what channels I am after.

I am after Premiership/1st division footy! I have heard names of the popular ones like, 1 west, 13 east ect. Which one will give me what i need at a cheap price with good picture quality! FTA if possible, but encryption would not be a problem (as long as I can get the card!!!!)

ART Sport seems good, whats the picture quality like?

thanks

wolfboy
Do some reading here on receivers which can decrypt TPeeS. Picture and sound (French only) is excellent, on 13E.

ART costs around £80 for 6 months, with English sound (terrible quality, if you can get it). A patch, or a card, or more likely a CAM/card will do you. So much choice.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
in my opinion if you want footie and lots of it you need a box with a cam slot and the dragon cam seems to be leading the way still on the best satellites just make sure your box will drive your motor and the world is your oyster

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Dragon is King at the moment, but a month ago it was the pits, have a look through some old posts, could well revert to type again. The whole which CAM/card discussion is up in the air at the moment and nothing is a safe buy.

wolfboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
If I get a dragon cam, I still won't be able to view the channels, because I would need the card wouldn't I?

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
yes a loader card just check before you buy as a year ago they were selling them seperatly but some places sell them as a package plus there are other ways of loading the cam now but this is as much help as i can give you as i have mr mre irderto aston fun4 fun6 and btit and belive me whatever you buy at some point you'll think you made the wrong choice

wolfboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
Could you recommend me a box to watch art sports

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
from what i read in other posts the picture on art sports is not of the best quality with an 80cm dish but its all down to location so i'd double check on your reseption ask someone in your area with a dish or a local dealer as it would be ashame to waste 100squid on a fuzzy picture

wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK
Hi m8,
Art Sports has not been h*cked yet so the only way of getting it is with a subscription - in my opinion its not worth it for the quality of picture, etc.

I would recommend either getting a nice'n'cheap box with cam slot and then getting yourself a cam (eBay is good) OR getting an Arion receiver which has an emulator (ie. no cam/card needed just load it with software and it will emulate the decryption methods) =- they are quite cheap. Also Kaon i think.
They are both cheapear versions of a dreambox pretty much..

I would recommend sliding your dish to 13e and enjoying TPS - or if you are prepared to have to update keys pretty much everyday then 1w is good.

Thanks

wolfboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
How much is a TPS sub?

nobbystyles

Reaction score
Yep, tps is open at the moment so you wont have to pay a penny as long as you update your cam/card's with the latest files. I disagree with what someone said about art sports, imo the picture quality's fine and an average of 6 prem games per weekend with english commentary(most of the time) to boot is well worth the 69 quid i payed

nobbystyles

Reaction score
Just noticed Art are showing 7 prem matches on boxing day alone!!!!