Best satellite for fixed system?

klinkerhoffen

Reaction score
What would you all recommend as being the better satellite between Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E?

Ideally I`d like to use my Skystar 2 and experiment with some of the software available to pick up some of the pay channels for free - purely experimentation of course!

Which ones better for this and which has the better mature content?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Why not put a twin LNB set up on your dish and use DiSEqC switching then you have the best of both worlds.

I think the Skystar two card has DiSEqC switching - if not I'm sure someone will correct me.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Absolutely right gameboy, possible on a relatively small dish, 28.2E, 19.2E, 13E, 1W. depending on where you are you should be able to view four or more satellites on one dish with the correct switching, better still a motorised setup.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
.... but if you just want a single sat, then of the two you mentionit has to be Hotbird at the moment. Could be different next week though!

STICK

klinkerhoffen

Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a monoblock - how easy is it? At the moment I have a 60cm dish and are based in the sunny NE England and wanted to try out at least one of the sats - new to Y*nkse and all that kind of stuff.

Why might the Hotbird v Astra thing change next week? Is something on it`s way?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
A monoblock will work well with 19.2E and 13E. Reliable, proven soln. and fast switching.

If you're talking FTA then the viewing situation's pretty static. If you're opening encrypted channels though, the situation is very volatile. Packages 'open' and 'close' like the door of my local offy on a friday night.

m_sajid

Reaction score
can any body help me how can i use zee pacakge i dont have seca key.if any body want to give me seca key or zee pin pls mail me on my add. sajidaf80@hotmail.com
i will realy thankful ................bye