best way to wire up my house

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
ok, Tiredeyes, I think i've got that now, thanks for exact explanation, v helpful!

Well, you're supposed to use a multiway amp, for distribution, otherwise it's likely to be a bad tv pictures. However, if it seems to be working ok like that, and you're happy with picture quality, then just try putting eye links on the "cable ends" already in the 3 rooms.

Offhand, I don't see why this won't work, so it should, the Sky+ box can certainly provide enough current for 3 links at once, no problem!

Then, as you say, the further link+ addition should also work ok.

However, you'll need to swap the Sky+ output from rf1 to rf2, otherwise it won't work! Then check that rf2 dc supply is switched on, via installer menu.

Good luck!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
So, Tiredeys, did the wiring all work out as you wanted? I'd be interested to know!

Tiredeyes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Telewest Cable
A N Other Cable Box in bedroom.
My Location
UK
everythings working fine thanks.
put sky+ on chn 57
cable on chn 54
just cant change channel on cable yet, gona try and work that out l8r

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Great, thanks for replying.

Somebody must know how to change output channel on NTL box, perhaps they could tell us how below?