Better Racing UK reception

PeteWebb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+ multiroom
PC 3GHz,512 memory
My Location
Herts, UK
I have got SKY+ multiroom, with a standard sized dish and when the weather is moderate, I get a fair amount of broken up sound and sometimes loss of pictures on the Racing UK channel. I have heard some say that dish re-allignment would be worth a go. All my other channels are pretty reliable, so I'm not sure this is the way to go. I'm thinking of getting a bigger dish, but am not sure what size and how much it might cost (incuding putting the dish up and setting things up etc). I don't mind throwing decent money at this if it is highly likely to bring me reliable reception in all weathers.
All advice welcome, including what retailers you reccomend.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a Zone1 minidish 45-55cm, then a Zone2 minidish would give you a positive improvement and you can use the existing LNB, although the wall bracket will need to be changed. You can buy them on eBay for very little and a local installer probably wouldn't charge huge amounts, as he can use existing cable runs (may need to do a bit of re-tacking as the boom arm is longer).

It may however be that your alignment is slightly out and a small tweak could set you near uninterupted viewing.

PeteWebb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+ multiroom
PC 3GHz,512 memory
My Location
Herts, UK
Thanks very much