• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Better Racing UK reception

My Satellite Setup
SKY+ multiroom
PC 3GHz,512 memory
My Location
Herts, UK
I have got SKY+ multiroom, with a standard sized dish and when the weather is moderate, I get a fair amount of broken up sound and sometimes loss of pictures on the Racing UK channel. I have heard some say that dish re-allignment would be worth a go. All my other channels are pretty reliable, so I'm not sure this is the way to go. I'm thinking of getting a bigger dish, but am not sure what size and how much it might cost (incuding putting the dish up and setting things up etc). I don't mind throwing decent money at this if it is highly likely to bring me reliable reception in all weathers.
All advice welcome, including what retailers you reccomend.

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
If you have a Zone1 minidish 45-55cm, then a Zone2 minidish would give you a positive improvement and you can use the existing LNB, although the wall bracket will need to be changed. You can buy them on eBay for very little and a local installer probably wouldn't charge huge amounts, as he can use existing cable runs (may need to do a bit of re-tacking as the boom arm is longer).

It may however be that your alignment is slightly out and a small tweak could set you near uninterupted viewing.