• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BEWARE OF FRAUDENT ACTIVITIES AT DISHTV/ICICI BANK Transactions

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Dear ALL,

I would like to inform you that the DISH TV is now even more $ucker, u know why?

Their Online Payment through CC is a total fraudent activity. their site after you enter CC & CVV2 and anc click confirm does NOT UPDATE and shows ERROR message from Dish TV.

(YOUR DISH TV ACCOUNT IS NOT UPDATED VB SCRIPT /ASP ERROR SHOWS UP)

YOUR TRANSACTION FROM ICICI (that MILKS MONEY) is done..... YOU LOOSE MONEY TO ICICI...

I just thought I should update you users to be careful while paying ONLINE on DISHTV.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV, Zenega
My Location
Hyderabad, India
I think it is very unfair to make such comments. Yes, even I had a similar problem with their website. All I had to do was call their customer support and in a couple of days they had the amount credited against my name.

Attention members: Pls make sure that you are using the authenticated sites for money transactions with secure connections.Beware of PHISHING sites.Use browsers that alert phishing sites like Opera.

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
srikanth said:
I think it is very unfair to make such comments. Yes, even I had a similar problem with their website. All I had to do was call their customer support and in a couple of days they had the amount credited against my name.

Attention members: Pls make sure that you are using the authenticated sites for money transactions with secure connections.Beware of PHISHING sites.Use browsers that alert phishing sites like Opera.
While doing online transactions pls doublecheck you are using the secure and authenticated site.So many PHISHING sites are there.U can use browsers like Opera to give an alert of such sites.
Dish TV problem may solved by lodging complaint with their Customer Care as told by the member.

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Dear All,

I am sure, I have done transaction through Dish TV Website by logging on and paying the money. It was not a fishing site. Below are my complains, and beyond that they cannot help a bit. My experience has been very bad with DishTV, those who are promoting Dish TV, must be their own employees or marketing guys!!! see what a pathetic reply they have provided

22/02/2007 said:
Dear Mr.VIREN,

Thank you for writing to DishTV.

This is in reference to your request regarding renewal amount.

We would like to inform you that as per our record amount paid by you has not received by us. Your last amount was received on 09/11/06.
Kindly do payment , so that the needful can be done.

Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship.
Continue experiencing the new TV entertainment with us.

Thanks and Regards,

Bishnupriya

Customercare Desk
Dish TV
"The future of T.V. entertainment"

For further information on Dish TV, you can visit our website
www.dishtvindia.com or call our customer care number 0120-4443474 or our Toll number 1860 180 3474 (only through BSNL landline telephone). You can also use our SMS service for inquiry. For any Customer Query Type: DISHTV space CQ space < Type Your Query > send it to 7575.
=============

Subscriber id : XXXXXXX
VC No : 015016SSSSSS
Contact No : 968-92XXXXXX
Email : vXXXXX*yahoo.com
I HAVE MADE A TRANSACTION THROUGH YOUR SITE TO UPDATE TO PAY 970 RS. MY BANK / CC COMPANY STATES THAT MONEY HAS BEEN TRANSFERED TO YOUR BANK (ICICI). I DID NOT GET ANY CONFIRMATION AND DISH TV PAGE ERROR OCCURRED AFTER THE CC PROCESSING COMPLETE BY
24/02/2007 said:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to Dish TV.

This is in reference to your complaint regarding the VC 01501645091.

We regret to convey that as per our records we have not received the
mentioned amount yet.
We request you to recheck and revert to us as soon as possible, so the
needful can be done at the earliest.
Waiting for your reply to assist you in best possible way.

Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship.
Continue experiencing the new TV entertainment with us.

Thanks and Regards,

Kundan Poddar.

Customer service
Dish TV
"The future of T.V. entertainment"

For further information on Dish TV, you can visit our website
www.dishtvindia.com or call our customer care number 0120-4443474 or our Toll number 1860 180 3474 (only through BSNL landline telephone). You can also use our SMS service for inquiry. For any Customer Query Type: DISHTV space CQ space < Type Your Query > send it to 7575.

Subscriber id : XXXXXXX
VC No : 015016SSSSSS
Contact No : 968-92XXXXXX
Email : vXXXXX*yahoo.com
I HAVE PAID ONLINE RS 970, BUT THE CHANNELS STILL NOT UPDATED, REQUEST EARLIEST ACTION. I HAVE MADE THE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD. I AM NOT LIVING IN INDIA AT THIS MOMENT.

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Please let me explain explain what has happened in details.

Background: I had signed up for Dish TV on Nov. 9th 2006 with 3 Months Maxi Package included. there was a delay in activating package (first bad experience) ... that was a saga... many calls, international call money etc....finally by December Mid, I was able view all channels.... then all of a sudden channels go Bong on 21st Feb 2007 !!!

Step 1) I Visit Dish TV website, Log On to account, see balance money (Rs 60 to be paid as previous balance). I selected 3 months renewal that's Rs. 900

Step 2) Click on Package renewal (VC is shown) Clicked Next -->

Step 3) » SELECT YOUR WISH.... by default (PAY RENEWAL) is checked

Step 4) Selected Quarterly.... that's Rs 900.... clicked Select & Continue

Step 5) that lands in http://www.dishtvindia.in/dynamic/su...al_Confirm.asp .... I enter amount as 970 (thought let there be Rs. 10 extra) .... Selected Credit Card, Select Confirm & Submit Form....

Step 6) that lands in ICICI PAYSEAL ..."Welcome to PAYSEAL ICICI Bank Secure Payment Gateway" .. I enter all the required details.... Payment Is processed ... https://payseal.icicibank.com/mpi/Ssl.jsp?txnId= ... then lands on another page ICICI BANK.... and then redirects to DISHTV PAGE

After this on the DISH TV PAGE.... i get an ERROR (ASP ERROR) VB SCRIPT ERROR Database CONNECTION ERROR.... and some thing like that..... with TX ID etc = and some other parameters as blank

I again log on to check whether the payment has been completed... only to find that there is NO UPDATE ON THE DISH TV SITE.

I call up my CC Bank's Call center to check whether the transaction was done or not.. they mention.. the transaction equivalent of Rs. 970 was done and was successful.

(this means) ICICI bank has got my money..... but due to some DATA BASE ERROR (Thanks to Marvelous Programming by DISH TV GUYS) .... the RECORDS OF DISH TV WERE NOT UPDATED.....

Even if I complain twice, they say records do not show any payment.....

Now ICICI has my money.... and I AM SURE I WILL NOT GET IT BACK, (previous Marvelous...ICICI Experience)

Lessons to Learn:
1) DISH TV CUSTOMER SERVICE, WEBSITE and QUALITY OF SERVICE IS WORST
2) ICICI AS USUAL IS THE THIEF
3) NEVER DEAL WITH ICICI AND DISH TV AGAIN

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
:bump: ... surprising.... no comments?

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, &amp; Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
All are in SHOCK.:eek: Soo that No Comments.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
whatever, one thing is sure. these dish tv ppl are perfect pickpocketers. so b aware.'O'-red )(-red :mad: Humping

My Satellite Setup
NO IDEA
My Location
MUMBAI
Hi Srikanth /

I totally agree that the Dishtv website is not a phishing site but certainly a third class site and their customer support on phone and email are worst in the world. You may try your best to contact them at their help line 18001803474, if you get the number in your life please tell me.

Can somebody tell me whether we can use the same STB for some other service provide like tatasky?

RAJ

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, &amp; Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
raj_mumbai said:
Hi Srikanth /

I totally agree that the Dishtv website is not a phishing site but certainly a third class site and their customer support on phone and email are worst in the world. You may try your best to contact them at their help line 18001803474, if you get the number in your life please tell me.

Can somebody tell me whether we can use the same STB for some other service provide like tatasky?

RAJ
No you cant Use.

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
oh.... one good news though....

out of the blue, i started my DishTV receiver by accident, only to notice that all the channels are back... perhaps they have been reading my posts here... who knows.... (i had really given up on them)....

but you know what, the (Arabsat/Badar) MBC Channels *free* (for the time being) are far superior than any of those English programing that is offered by dishtv.

My Satellite Setup
Dish Tv, Zenega 1006s
My Location
chennai, India
Transaction errors is shown because of poor dish tv programming. But we can use this to save some money. Follow the below steps to save subscription money(do this only at the last date of your subscription expiry!!!!)

1. Click Renew and in that page select ITZ cash card and click next.
2. Cancel the transaction(so we are not allowed to renew till 24 hrs)
3. Click Subscription fund addition and transfer the money you want(through Credit card).
4. After 2-3 days call Dish TV Customer care and say that you have made payment through Credit card. So please renew.....
5. Now the Dish TV poor interface will renew from the date they renew ie., they cannot renew your subscription by giving some previous date(so you enjoy the channel viewing freely for 10 days)

Hoping PPL enjoy!!!!!!!