BF on Via2 is go!

I

Ididndoit

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-May-02 AT 01:01 AM (GMT)]BF DAY - THE LITTLE GUYS STRIKE BACK!

It's finally here! Your chance to make the "year of the black tubes" maybe a little shorter. Nobody any longer needs to sit and wait for somebody to put a crack in Via2 for them. Whether you have been programming cards for years or only owned a satellite receiver or PC for a week, you can be a part of the greatest brute-force crew ever assembled.
All you need is a PC or PCs (permanent Internet connection not necessary) and the ability to read. Click on any of the links below, choose the language of your choice and read what you should do next. It's that simple!

http://keysearch.da.ru
http://keysearch.ubb.cc
http://keysearch.start.at

Let's roll,
THE DREAM TEAM

PS - If launch site is down due to heavy use, you can go direct to new member register page here: http://ucs2000.tsb.cx/newmember.asp
Registration is now automated. It should take 30 minutes maximum for you to be accepted. You will then get a mail with username and pass, and can access the members page to download UCSKeyfinder4 and order areas.

I

Ididndoit

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE UCS SITE FOR VIA2 BRUTE

To be part of the brute on Via2, follow these simple instructions only once you reach the UCS log-in site at http://ucs2000.tsb.cx

1) Enter your username and password

2) Given access to members page then, change your password to one of your choice by clicking "Edit Profile" under "Miscellaneous" in the menu to your left.

3) Under "Winlodes" in the same menu list, click and read the "UCSkeyfinder FAQ".

4) Under "Winlodes" then click "Downloads" and download the UCSKeyFinder Version 4.0.

5) Under "Areas" in the same menu click "Order New". In the drop-down box, select "Via2OP-Key Search", and then below the number of areas you would like to order. An area will take roughly a day on an average PC. You can order five or more at a time if you wish. The areas will be sent to you be email - copy the "areas.txt" files which arrive in the attachment into the same directory (folder) that you unzipped UCSKeyFinder, double click keyfinder.exe and the bruting will begin.

6) "Current key" files (in case your search should be interrupted, allowing you to pick up where you left off) and "searched key" files will be generated automatically into your keyfinder directory (folder) as you search. When searches are done, return to ucs site and under Areas menu, follow instructions after choosing "Verify searched" so the areas you have completed can be checked, before searching new areas.

Any problems and ask for advice at Vkeys forum or ucs or vkey_users IRC channels. Happy hunting and welcome aboard.

I

Ididndoit

HOW TO USE UCSKEYFINDER4

1) Once you have downloaded and unzipped UCSKEYFINDER4, and ordered some areas from the UCS site, those areas will immediately be emailed to you.

2) Save the “areas” file attachment using browse option or copy to the folder containing your unzipped UCSKeyfinder4 download. If you have any problems receiving your areas by email, access “List Current” option on UCS members page and copy/paste them into notepad and call the file “areas”. Then copy the file to your keyfinder folder. The areas will look like this: CHID=FFFFF0:KEY#=0F:AREA=4CD7DAC000000000-4CD7DB4000000000:HASH=D06AAE4F2C2D4942

3) You do not need to be connected to the net to run keyfinder. Starting it is as simple as double clicking the UCSKeyfinder.exe. You can configure keyfinder under its options to start automatically every time you launch Windows, or you can start it manually by doubling clicking the UCSkeyfinder.exe each time. But be careful not to launch keyfinder multiple times on the same PC - every keyfinder will search the same area if you do, causing the search to slow down dramatically!

4) When the keyfinder is running it will appear as a small icon in your task-bar showing a key and a magnifying glass. To change options for the search click once on this icon. You can set your own priority for the search by adjusting a "Thread Priority" slider on keyfinder. This determines how much CPU power you give to keyfinder. When you leave your PC running overnight or while you are at work (ie, when you are not using your PC/PCs for anything else), please set this slider to HIGH. It will be then that keyfinder will run at his very fastest for your PC. This is very important to the overall cause. However, you can also set the keyfinder to run in the background while you are using your PC for other things or surfing. Here, we recommend you set keyfinder to a lower level, so that it does not slow down other programs you might be running. But please remember to always reset priority to HIGH when you are finished using your PC for other things!

5) Using keyfinder on Unix/Linux - a version is not yet available for Unix/Linux, but work is under way to port keyfinder to this platform. Versions for other OS may also follow in time. There is a “silent mode” option on keyfinder that will allow it to run unseen on a PC/PCs.

6) Turning off keyfinder mid-search - keyfinder automatically creates a “Current Search” file, which means search progress is not lost should you turn off keyfinder or your PC crash. Default is set to save your progress every 3 minutes. A “Searched Key” file is also generated automatically to keep record of areas you have searched.

7) Verifying searched areas - When an area is done, an area in the following pattern will be added to the "searched.txt" file in your keyfinder directory : "Area done: 11 22 33 44 00 00 00 00 - 11 22 33 46 00 00 00 00 Viaccess Search - [2002-05-01] - Hash: 12 34 56 78 91 01 11 21." In order to get new areas to search, you must verify the searched one(s) on the UCS2000 members page. This is done via the hash which contains information about the searched area (if the area is done, if a key has been found etc..) You do this by copy/pasting the unverified areas in your 'searched.txt' file into the textbox under the 'Verify Search” menu at UCS members page and pressing verify .The hash-checker will tell you if the areas have been approved. If you get 'hash-failed' on an area you have completed please contact admin!

8) When a key is found - if the keyfinder finds a valid key an encrypted file called 'found.key' is created, and a dialog will pop up asking you to send this file to admin. It will be checked via its hash and then tested against other CW pairs. If it works for them too, then you will be the one to have put the first crack in Via2 and key will be made public within the hour.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nice one Ididndoit, perhaps a chance for everyone to make a difference.

rolf

I

Ididndoit

Yep, even if it's only to confirm an algo, one way or the other - this has never been done. In fact, there is only one BF of a 2^64 keyspace attempted before in Internet history that I am aware of . . . the recent RC5 project. SETI only had a 2^56 keyspace to deal with. Easy stuff. We're already bigger than both of those projects. :)
And every last person, new at the game or in it ages, counts the same. We got other stuff to do too. But with this project at least, there's not one person who has to feel they can't play a part. That's the main reason we started it.
All here welcome. Sign up, guyz. It's real easy.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
>Yep, even if it's only to confirm an algo, one way
> or the other - this has never been done. In fact,
>there is only one BF of a 2^64 keyspace attempted
>before in Internet history that I am aware of . . .
> the recent RC5 project. SETI only had a 2^56
>keyspace to deal with. Easy stuff. We're already
>bigger than both of those projects. :)
> And every last person, new at the game or in
>it ages, counts the same. We got other stuff to do
>too. But with this project at least, there's not one
> person who has to feel they can't play a part.
>That's the main reason we started it.
> All here welcome. Sign up, guyz. It's real easy.

Hi m8
Ive been signed up for a few weeks now...my pc is happily crunching away.Do you know if any of the other encryption systems are being Brute Forced.Maybe when we crack Via2 we can have a go at Mediaguard ;-)
Lee

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Its a hack on Viaccess 2.You can visit the viaccess forum http://forums1.asp-dev.co.uk/vkeys/default.asp to ask for more info
Regards
Lee

I

Ididndoit

What BF does is first confirm whether Via2=Via1 algo, as most all of us believe, and that the trick with Via2 cards is security. You can't get nothing by traditional methods off a Via2 card - unlike a Seca2 one. But everything else points to the Via algo being the same. BF will prove this one way or the other. If it proves it didn't change, as a bonus you get a Via2 provider hacked in the process. Then numbers wanting to sign up treble overnight and we go hunt some more Via2 providers if still no backdoor to cards by then.

@lee
So far as op keys are concerned, unfortunately Via2 will be the only one worth attempting a brute for keys on. The keyspace to search for Via2 is 2^64 - historic and big, but not impossible.
Irdeto2, on the other hand, with id factored in means a 2^80 keyspace. To put in persepctive, just to go to 2^65, you'd have to take all the time it takes to search a 2^64 and then double it. Then double it again to go to 2^66 and on and on :(
Seca2 is even worse - Seca (algo is modified and unknown anyway) uses primary and secondary keys = 2^128 keyspace. And that one with 100,000 PCs we can't do in 200 years.
But with Via2, we got a shot. Good to see you're signed up and crunching ;)