Bharti to launch DTH services by August

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Bharti to launch DTH services by August

The Bharti Group has already established their market leadership in the telecommunications segment and is now forging ahead with their ambitions to be in the digital media. The soon to be launched DTH services, Bharti Telemedia, is now in its advanced stage of readiness and industry sources inform that the DTH platform should be launched by August this year.

Bharti is interested in leveraging their manufacturing expertise using the resources of their manufacturing arm, Bharti Teletech, which will produce the set-top boxes for the DTH services. The DTH space is getting crowded with three players, Dish TV, Tata Sky and DD Direct, already in the air and more gearing up to join. Among the new entrants, are the high profile Sun TV and the Reliance Blue Magic service.

The fate of the new entrants in the crowded DTH space depends on the demand. The initial players like Dish TV, Tata Sky and Doordarshan could make a dent in the cable industry dominated by cable operators dishing out analog feeds only due to compulsory Conditional Access System (CAS) box regime.

The first phase of this came into effect in selected areas of the major metros from January 01, this experiment was the cause of the CAS chaos fiasco. Unprepared cable CAS and DTH operators were not equipped enough to cope up with the demand generated due to the compulsory implementation. When the cable operators blacked out the paid channels on Jan 01, all hell broke loose and most house holder could barely manage one box per hose hold to view their favorite channels resulting in a 'saas-bahu' war each, wanting the box to view their paid channel.

Media analysts guess that over 90 per cent of the cable industry still works on the analog format and the switch over to digital platform is no easy task. The digital platform is only of interest to the elite to compliment their LCD's and Plasmas.

With the existing scenario, will the CAS compulsory scene be pushed in the rest of the country? Only time and the prayers of new entrants can tell.

http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2007/newsfullstory.php?id=1182014589

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
thanx 4 info, member.