Big Boys File Sharing Toys

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Over the last few months I have spent long hours trying different p2p filing sharing software.
There is alot of it about like edonkey2000 aimster, audio galaxy, and of course Kazaa..But all of them had something missing..What was it you ask?.
The answer is the amount of files that people are willing to share.

This week I came across yet another file sharing program called Direct Connect from Neomodus..

What's great about it is that before you are allowed to connect to one of around 500 servers you must be sharing a very large amount of data. When I say large, I meen LARGE starting from around 2 Gig up to 17 Gig..

SO when you add up all the servers + 16000 people + several Gigs of data it amounts to an average of 100 Terabytes of data for you to download..:D

Their aim is to get to Petabytes (1,000,000 gigabytes) but at this time they are 9 tenths away.

you need to download the Direct Connect software from http://www.neo-modus.com/

Give it a try and tell me what you think...

nobbly :+

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks good Nobbly, just a little bit suspicious of Adware, I'd prefer to pay for it.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Sep-01 AT 01:49 PM (GMT)]Must say you've lost me on that one.Whats "ADWARE" :7
nobbly:+

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The program is paid for by it's installation of an information reporting utility, this will then report periodically on your surfing patterns (supposedly anonimously) .

Rolf