Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I just checked
12480V
27500 2/3
on my sky box and whilst the channel is active (i.e. no messages saying technical fault etc) there is currently no video output yet just a black screen, which is hardly surprising since the show doesn't launch until Thursday night. The live feed isn't live anyhow, it is fed from a 15 minute delay buffer which allows the editing staff time to kill the audio or video before transmission on this feed

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - god forbid that the British public should be allowed to see anything really interesting on the red button feed....

defirish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I dont understand the question.
My Location
Ireland
Topper said:
I just checked
12480V
27500 2/3
on my sky box and whilst the channel is active (i.e. no messages saying technical fault etc) there is currently no video output yet just a black screen, which is hardly surprising since the show doesn't launch until Thursday night. The live feed isn't live anyhow, it is fed from a 15 minute delay buffer which allows the editing staff time to kill the audio or video before transmission on this feed

Usually the week before the show starts they have a test card up. They have cut the red button this year and thats how we got the feed on 12005. So without the red feed service we wont get the live feed on our sky boxes. Channel 4 have it encrypted so I was wondering if there was another frequency around this as the only feed we will be getting is from 11pm to 6am and nothing during the day

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not on 28E - all activity is on 12005. Feeds have been reported on 1W (?) in the past but thats no good to anyone with just sky kit.

AT 2044 uk time the 12005 feed is black level, and scrambled in nds.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
AT 2044 uk time the 12005 feed is black level, and scrambled in nds.

Sometimes, a secure system does have uses. :)

defirish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
bigtee said:
I think the BB Feed uses BISS as (one of?) its encryption and that the BISS keys are available and can be obtained in "typical places".

Could you explain what does biss mean and is it possible to by pass the encryption keys and if its possible how do you do that. Would be really grateful if you could help. Really miss the live feed ;)

defirish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
psats said:
plus the cable live chnl is not showing it

This years big brother is really going to be downhill from the very start with no live feed during the day and on when they go to bed. Think they really want to kill it of and they are doing a very good job of it. do you know any way of actually bypassing the encrepten they have on the 12005 channel

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The live feed on satellite has not been running so far so theres nothing to bypass.

Not that its possible anyway.

With any luck Big Bore 10 will be the last event anyway - it was a novelty event 10 years ago, but has been going steadily downhill ever since.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
defirish said:
This years big brother is really going to be downhill from the very start with no live feed during the day and on when they go to bed.
Anyone who sits watching those people sleeping need their head examined.O-zzz The only consolation is that at least when they are sleeping, they're not talking the drivel they do when their awake.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive found some info on the DS BB forums that basically says no live feed this year - the viewing figures were appaling for it so its gone. :D

The decision to axe it was announced in March.