ARRYNEV

NEV-THE-DEV
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE+PANASONIC
My Location
WARM WET S/W FRANCE
HI THERE EVERYBODY
firstly, I live in south west France, since 1992, and have always received sattelite. I have a Panasonic and a Pace. For the last couple of years I have been installing "METRONIC" systems for a number of friends, all which work perfectly. But yesterday, after installing another, it couldn't find any BBC at all. It reported that the sattelite was ASTRA 2a, so I tried my Pace on the system and couldn't get any BBC with that either. I took her Metronic to my house and received all channels perfectly. Her house overlooks open fields with not a tree in sight. The dish is an 80cm offset and lmb is 0.5db. These are standard here and have no trouble picking up the sattelite. Any ideas why I can't receive BBC channels? Are there different co-ordinates between Astra 2a and 2d? And why does her dish not pick up BBC on either the Metronic or the Pace and yet my dish does? She actually lives 50 miles north to me.
Please help.
ARRYNEV(newbie)

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
This message has been deleted.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
This message has been deleted.

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
First, are you getting any channels at all ? If so, check with Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html to see what satellite your picking up. If you're not on the right satellite, move the dish. If you are on the right one (any of the Astra 2s), check your LNB skew (rotation) & it ought to work.

ARRYNEV

NEV-THE-DEV
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE+PANASONIC
My Location
WARM WET S/W FRANCE
Of course it is on ASTRA at 28.2 degrees (actually found at 37.4 in her location) and as I said it is the BBC channels that I cannot recieve,I get all of the others, also I have tried the SQEW. Any more ideas?

ARRYNEV

NEV-THE-DEV
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE+PANASONIC
My Location
WARM WET S/W FRANCE
Low Profile said:
If I recall correctly the Metronic system allows you to select the satellite required and then gives you a signal strength. You will however get a signal strenth from 19.2 if you have aligned to the wrong satellite.
Where in France are you?

I've already said that I am on 2a

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If the Metronic works at your house and your Pace from home doesn't work t your friends then logic dictates (captain) that there is something wrong with the setup at your friends.

It's possible that the LNB is stuck on high band, try another one if possible and then I reckon it's a matter of substitution until you hit the right answer I'm afraid.

PulR

ARRYNEV

NEV-THE-DEV
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE+PANASONIC
My Location
WARM WET S/W FRANCE
Thanks for that, the first intelligent answer I have, must be all the SCOUSE, I grew up there and ate it for the first 42 yrs before I came to FRANCE(1992) along with my 2 dishes (1.5 mtre+.9mtre) that I bought in 1986. CHEERS
PaulR said:
If the Metronic works at your house and your Pace from home doesn't work t your friends then logic dictates (captain) that there is something wrong with the setup at your friends.

It's possible that the LNB is stuck on high band, try another one if possible and then I reckon it's a matter of substitution until you hit the right answer I'm afraid.

PulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Not really a Scouser as I was born and brought up the other side of Mersey but thanks anyway!

Best of luck with your search.

PaulR

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you are in the extemen SW of France (Hendays ?) then the 80cm may not be quite good enough for reception of Astra 2D which puts down the BBC channels.
If you can get them at your friends house when as Paul says it may be switching or skew of the LNB, or IMO gain of the dish, or the final fine tuning to get to sing.

Many 'experts' get it wrong over here, so you are not alone.

ARRYNEV

NEV-THE-DEV
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE+PANASONIC
My Location
WARM WET S/W FRANCE
I'm about 20Km north of Hendaye and an 80 cm dish is fine here, a 60 cm is just about pushing it, but I used to sell "SKY CARDS" to people in SPAIN and PORTUGAL, and as far down as ALICANTE some of my customers were using 80 cm dishes with a .4LNB with no problem (getting BBC+ITV). Anyway my problem is resolved now , just a couple of faulty LNB's.
CHEERS all.