Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Beauty contest officials chose a model from Stoke-on-Trent to represent Birmingham because they could not find anyone pretty enough from the city.
Miss Great Britain organisers picked Sophie Wilson to represent the city in a heat despite her only connection being an ex-boyfriend who lived there.

The 18-year-old IT student said she thought it was unfair on Birmingham's beauties.

The competition was later won by Rachael Tennant, from Aberdeen.

Miss Wilson said: "When they said there wasn't that many pretty girls in Birmingham I didn't actually believe in that.

'No-one suitable'

"There are obviously going to be absolutely gorgeous girls about but I just think they weren't auditioned."

Tracie Bedwood, of Birmingham model agency Adage Models, said she could not believe the decision.

She said: "If it's someone representing Birmingham then they should be from Birmingham.

"There are lots of beautiful girls in the city and I know because we've got lots of them on our books."

A spokesman for Miss Great Britain said: "We were desperately looking for a Miss GB entrant from Birmingham but in truth, there was no-one suitable who entered.

"We look forward to more entering next year."

BBC News

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
back to the pretty bham girls, there no one hungry enough to take the challange on today , I lived there for 59 years and was gobsmacked by the beauty of these young maidens, hotkich, I do know something about nothing ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
hotkich Im a Midlander by birth - I went to college at Wolverhampton Polytechnic 20 odd years ago, and there were some stunning girls in my classes

Humping

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
no pics so we can judge for ourselves ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I've seen some stunners up there, perhaps they're just too bright to enter a beauty contest. ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
"We look forward to more entering next year."

BBC News

Amen to that. Humping