Bis French Package Lost Channels

Moggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hi. Would appreciate any help somebody could give.

Got the Bis package with a good number of French channels. Been on holiday for a week and have come back to find that TF1 and 5 of the other main channels are no longer available. Oddly the Cine ( Film ) channels are. My subscription was updated about a month ago and the satellite system seems to be working fine otherwise.

I've tried unplugging the satellite box, removing the card, cleaning and replacing it. Still nothing. Is Bis still working?

Thanks for any thoughts / advice that may help

Moggy

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Was the Receiver left without power while you were away, or was it left in Standby?

Moggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m motorised dish
My Location
UK
Left it on for week on TF 1. Came back to a blank screen. System says "No access / No rights to descramble"

Tapio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 2001 HD receiver pointed onto Hotbird
My Location
Finland
Hi. Have you managed to solve your problem?.
Because I have managed to find the same problem: when installing Topfield 2001 HD and Bis.tv card the only channels I can see are TF1 and Direct8 and (suprise, surprise!!!) two Cine film channels I have never ordered. From my French retailer I got the advice to call to the Bis.tv helpdesk. But it seems to be a chargeable phone number reachable only from France!!!

alainc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Aston Simba HD and some others.
Dish 2.00 m Hotbird 13°
My Location
saudi arabia
Hi Tapio,
from 31/03 Bis-tv had change encoding system from MPEG2 into MPEG4 and at the same time introduce 2 Channel HD (France2 HD and Arte HD).
Meaning to get back all channels you've before it needs to rescan providers 11681 and 12692 (on Hotbird 13°)
From same date Bis-tv send most of AB channels (12692) in not encoding. (Temporary)
To receive Bis-Tv, I've got HD receiver Viacess granted and make a very good set-up of my dish (new LNB and top calibration)
A lot of people had got Neotion cam to use their own HD receiver, now there is only a few can not receive Bis-tv.{with Humax HD receiver}
If you don't want to change anything about receiver, you can move the dish on 5° E and send fax/email to Bis-tv to ask convert 13°-> 5°

My advice: ask your retailer if your topfield HD is Viacess 4 full granted or if you need PCMCIA chipset secured CAM (Neotion).
Hope it's help

Moggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m motorised dish
My Location
UK
Alainc do you mean 5 W as I think that is the listed satellite on most websites

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes he does mean 5W (11512V 29950 7/8)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your problem is almost certainly that BIS have converted their 13E transmissions over to DVB-S2. You will need a receiver capable of resolving DVB-S2 if you want to carry on watching. Receivers not capable of decoding DVB-S2 wont even give a signal when tuned to the appropriate frequencies.

Moggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m motorised dish
My Location
UK
Taipo one more thought. I had a similar problem a year or two ago when cine film channels suddenly became available on my Bis package despite me never asking or paying for them. A few days later all the channels became scrambled. It turned out that the renewal fee I had recently paid had been credited to the cine side of the package ( so I was told anyway ! ) leaving the channels within the standard part of the package without a renewal payment. Hence why they became scrambled.
I would contact the dealer who you bought the Bis card from and get him to email Bis. They are a bit slow to respond but I think that's how mine was sorted out.

Hope it helps

Moggy

Moggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m motorised dish
My Location
UK
I've got a problem finding the Bis channels on 5 W since they moved the non HD stuff from 13 E.

I've scanned the various frequencies that are listed and used the correct symbol rates etc but my system won't list any of the available channels. I've deleted a lot of unused TV channels to see if the system was at capacity but it hasn't made any difference.

I'd appreciate any help that anybody could offer in helping me to find the available channels.

Moggy

( Analoguesat please note that I am not repeating the same post from Feb 2010 as that related to losing Bis channels on 13 E that were previously there whereas at the moment I am unable to get my system to even find the Bis channels on 5 W )

alainc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish 2.00 m Hotbird 13°
My Location
saudi arabia
Analoguesat said:
Yes he does mean 5W (11512V 29950 7/8)

You're right Analoguesat Atlanticbird 3 is 5W. Members could check all parameters on _http://'fr.kingofsat.net/pack-bis.php'.
Hotbird 13° DVB S2-MPEG4, Atlantic bird 3 only DVB S and most channels HB13/12692 are temporary clear (with HD receiver)
alain

alainc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish 2.00 m Hotbird 13°
My Location
saudi arabia
Starting yesterday April, 27 all channels Hotbird 13° / 12692 are crypted (as 11681). No problem with my Aston simba HD.
alain