Bitrate Viewer Version 1.4

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
There is a new Bitrate Viewer Version 1.4 for Dreambox.
It is a very useful tool since it gives information about any FTA and Encrypted channels (not sure about HD), without the need to open it with an official smartcard.
Helps with your decision to buy a smartcard after watching a promo. Just test the bitrate of the channels in the package and if they are lower than 2000 kb/s, it would be advisable not to waste your money.
I am not sure if it will work on all Dreambox models, but it works fine on the 7000S.
The data results show the Video Bitrate for the:
-Current
-Minimum
-Average
-Maximum

and also the Audio Bitrate.

Install from the Blue button > Addons > download (GeminiServer) >
Plugins

badboy-gr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish 1.35m-->Astra 19.2, Hotbird 13.0
Dish 0.80m--> HellasSat 39.0
Dreambox 500S with Gemini 4.40
My Location
Thessaloniki, Greece
Hi all. I just want to verify that this useful plug-in works great with my Dreambox 500 (GP 4.40).

The strange is that in the _http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com database for the DM500S plugins, it has only the 1.1 version of bitrate viewer, which is very old and not working anymore (was working with older images during 2007). So I downloaded the 1.3 version from the 7020's plugins database, I have manually installed it and worked normally with my small STB. After that I decided to upgrade to the latest 1.4 version via the BP-->Gemini Server. I have to add that the 1.4 has a new (slightly changed) interface!