Bl**dy neighbours

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
The "Inovashion Journal 1923"

Yes, there IS a fine line between a hobby and mental illness (and I am still trying to find a post to reply to where I can use the new 'humping' emotiocon). Oooh, f***it, live young --- Humping Sorry, Channel Hopper.O-Ha

Have fun;)

Mark.

Breadfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the support everybody, some excellent ideas in there as well, particularly like the one about abandoning a wrecked car outside.

I've been away for the weekend and have just taken the dish down. I can't be bothered with fighting this battle, I would have to pay £110 to apply for planning permission and with 3 complaints already I think it's unlikely to be granted anyway. :-HB

With the £110 saved I'm going to get a new dish, probably one of the Triax 88cm's , or a Gilbertini 85x90cm.

Thanks again,
Breadfan

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Sympathies from me as well.. Breadfan!!
Its amazing you can put up a darn great shed but not a small/medium dish without planning permission !
I think it will be interesting to see your neighbours reaction when they find out you dont need permission with the smaller dish!

dynamo985

Reaction score
perhaps if the dish was made out of a temporary structue shed material, such as wood, the dish would be more acceptable
bunny2%5B1%5D.gif
have i found a loop hole :p

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
When talking about general opinion among folks i think smaller dishes are uglier than the big ones, eg 90cm compared to a 2 meter dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Once you get the smaller dish up and running, why not show your consideration by making a temporary plaster / wood sculpture in the garden.

A clenched fist with middle finger upright, about 8m high, pointing towards the house of your neighbour.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Channel Hopper said:
Once you get the smaller dish up and running, why not show your consideration by making a temporary plaster / wood sculpture in the garden.

A clenched fist with middle finger upright, about 8m high, pointing towards the house of your neighbour.

WELL SPOTTED GRASS-HOPPER :)

Local councils "and there red tape brigade" who have a hard time defineing "satellite dish" from say a concave sun reflector to direct sunlight to certain plants that are shaded and need light.

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Two years ago I grew a load of Sun Flowers many of which were over two foot across and 12 to 15 foot high!!

I had nothing but congratulations from neighbours, passers bye and even little girls putting notes through my letter box..... (See attachments!!)

Soooooo.... in theory you should be able to paint it to make it look like a giant Sun Flower and then you can expect your neighbours to be queuing up to congratulate you!!!

John