Black Holes!!!!!!

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
One suggestion I've seen (and I wish I could remember where) is that the big bang which was the beginning of 'our' universe was the 'explosion' of a black hole which formed in another universe. There seems to be a fair amount of support for the hypothesis that the known universe began with a singularity (no matter how improbable a body of infinite density might seem). If that's the case, there's no problem with the concept of a singularity at the centre of a black hole.

What I have difficulty with is the concept of what the big bang expanded into. Assuming that the universe, whatever its shape, is, by definition, 'everything there is', then there can have been no outside, ie no space into which it could expand. Perhaps there is a mathematical explanation involving highrer dimensions, but I don't have the maths to do those sums.

I agree that Hawking Radiation is one source of the radiation detected from black holes. But it's also been proposed that matter approaching the event horizon emits radiation as it is compressed. It's this radiation which is detected - strictly speaking, of course, it's not the black hole which is radiating, but the matter outside the event horizon.

Einstein seems to have been troubled by two things in his later life. The first was that he couldn't accept the uncertainty aspect of Quantum Mechanics. He was sufficiently well grounded in classical physics to believe that its laws are absolute and admit of no element of probability. The other was that he couldn't devise a Grand Universal Theory which would unite the four basic forces. There's little doubt that his refusal to embrace the implications of Quantum Mechanics seriously hampered his search for the GUT.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
He also believed the speed of light is constant (an assumption i doubt)
as for the singularity theory (black holes would have too get bigger to encompass this theory)
as for radiation emissions around event horizon (who knows)
as i understand my phsyics around the event horizon are dence compact stars, These alone giving off tremendous gravitational forces of there own and then theres the planets we cant see (yet)
so all this chaos and destruction / matter compression/ convertion its no wonder some radiation is escapeing/ the gravity of the B-Hole, If you take IO jupiters moon and europa, as jupiters grav pull is emense compared to europa, which intern is then massive compared to IO, NOW THE BIG 2 RIP IO to pieces, but bits of IO have been found on the moon, the pull of jupiter should have collected this but the slingshot effect comes into play.
Its great what a bottle of BUD can do fer yer.