Blind scan Set top boxes

My Satellite Setup
Planning to buy stb and dish
My Location
Hyderabad,India
Can ANy body post relevaant information on blind scan
I am from Hyderabad Please suggest one model .Which i can get in Hyderabad.
If possible address and cost of the system.

What antenna size is recommended for that feature.I am mainly a ku band person
what is the minimum size for c band reception. I ve seen in apnadth website they are recieving c band channels on 90 cm antenna is that true.:eek: .Whats special in that dish if so.

Does apna dth provide stbs with blind scan feature.

All techie please post replys :-worship
Any thing wrong in posting pls forgive

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
dinakar407 said:
Can ANy body post relevaant information on blind scan
I am from Hyderabad Please suggest one model .Which i can get in Hyderabad.
If possible address and cost of the system.

What antenna size is recommended for that feature.I am mainly a ku band person
what is the minimum size for c band reception. I ve seen in apnadth website they are recieving c band channels on 90 cm antenna is that true.:eek: .Whats special in that dish if so.

Does apna dth provide stbs with blind scan feature.

All techie please post replys :-worship
Any thing wrong in posting pls forgive
Noting is Specific in the dish which has been provided by apnadth, Yes u r right u can receive C Band channel on that, But If the signal is high, You cant abele to tune Full sat scan or All the tps, Due to size.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hyderabad,India
Good info Big size better reception simple concept .
What about blind scan

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Sorry to say that there is no BLIND SCAN STBs are available in India till now (as per my search). You have to import it from outside. BTW, the brands you can go for are, Manhattan, Fortec, TopField........There is no connection between dish size and blind scan. Dish size is proportional to signal quality and blind scan is a feature to scan for channels with in a frequency range.

ApnaDTH products are good to use, but lack of international standards in terms of quality and performance. They have done nothing to the combo dish. Its as like as a simple dish. But to receive C-Band signals on that dish your region must be within the strong EIRP region.

One of our member Mr. Rout was saying about fiber glass dish. If he can share his ex for the fiber glass dish it will be better for us. Technically fiber glass dishes have more gain power as compared to aluminium dishes.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
dinakar407 said:
Good info Big size better reception simple concept .
What about blind scan
What about blind scan, You must scan blindly all the states to get it.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hyderabad,India
Good . NIce info

On my search to buy a dish i Toured the Gujarati gulli in koti Hyderabad. I found coship receiver available for rs 800 and ku band lnb for rs300 and 90 cms dish for 1300 . Is that the real deal or is any thing fishy in that . Hyderabadis help ...

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
dinakar407 said:
Good . NIce info

On my search to buy a dish i Toured the Gujarati gulli in koti Hyderabad. I found coship receiver available for rs 800 and ku band lnb for rs300 and 90 cms dish for 1300 . Is that the real deal or is any thing fishy in that . Hyderabadis help ...
Looks Like an fishy Smell.

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
dinakar407 said:
Good . NIce info

It looks good deal for me ... But ve doubt for the cost of STB :( I think it may be Rs 8,000/- instead of Rs 800/- !!!

dspdsp

My Satellite Setup
DishTV DTH
Zenega 1004s Receiver
90cm offset Sharp dish antenna
My Location
india
dinakar407 said:
Good . NIce info

Coship receiver price is all right but 90cm dish is costing high. What is name of the company of dish you are buying? According to me 90cm dish should cost you around 600/-. I recommend you search more in Koti. I purchased Combo dish from Koti about 7 months back at Rs.700/-.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
dspdsp said:
Coship receiver price is all right but 90cm dish is costing high. What is name of the company of dish you are buying? According to me 90cm dish should cost you around 600/-. I recommend you search more in Koti. I purchased Combo dish from Koti about 7 months back at Rs.700/-.
Coship is not an orignal one. I am sure.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hyderabad,India
yes that might not be the original one !
I am thinking of Indian one like beetel or BEL .

dspdsp

My Satellite Setup
DishTV DTH
Zenega 1004s Receiver
90cm offset Sharp dish antenna
My Location
india
Not sure, Coship receiver is original or not. Is there any way to find it out?