Blind scan software

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
Lately I have been following a bit the FEED hunting world, and most times saw the world blind scan on certain types of decoders, what does that word mean?
Are there any software/plugin/module for progDVB which can do a blind scan?
Thanks

P.S. I opened this thread under the pc card system, because it concerns software and pc cards.Admins sorry if it should be posted in another part of the forum.

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
"Power Scan"/"Blind Search" is when a receiver scans all frequencies and polarities and symbol rates on a satellite and records any active transponders. That is what I understand from my Manhattan handbook, how it works must be down to the software.
regards Redmund

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I haven't used it for some time, but the Setup4pc software that comes with the Technisat Skystar2 applications will do a blind search, in that it searches for the PIDs of any transponder active on the satellites. It takes a while to complete the search, especially on satellites such as Hotbird and Astra 19E.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
NB I think you can change the frequency step value - the smaller the step, the less likelyhood of you missing any TP's. But it will of course take longer searching.

Llew