barrie.lamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ DRX280 Amstrad,
Pc..Dell Dimention C521
My Location
Cumbrian west coast
Hi,
I have a little problem, I phoned sky a couple of days ago to unfreeze my Sky+ picture, as a notice said something about my card wasn't installed correctly.
They instructed me to switch off at the plug which cured that problem but since then the cooler motor is running all the time and it never did before.
I have tried switching off at the plug and naturally it stops but a couple of minutes after recieving the picture again it switches itself on again and runs constantly, not a serious prob. but annoying hearing it running all the time. and I hate to imagine how much 'juice' it uses 24 hours a day.

Hope someone can give me info on why this is happening, Thanks in advance, Barrie.

totoxj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic 42 in plasma
fortec star 4200
SKY+
Sky talk and Broadband
old compaq computer
My Location
n.ireland
The morning after mine was installed, I noticed the fan was running constantly, and like you I switched off at the plug, only mine hasn't come on since.

barrie.lamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ DRX280 Amstrad,
Pc..Dell Dimention C521
My Location
Cumbrian west coast
Well at last after several calls to Sly everything is operating as it should, after one call I found I couldn't record or watch recorded programs, I think they had switched my 'plus' off, then after another call the 'plus' was working again.
The funny thing is a week before everything started going wrong I was 'cold called' by Sly and got a letter from them offering 'Servicing Insurance'. I think they were doing it all on purpose.
Oh yeh, since all this has stopped the cooler fan has switched itself off too after running for three weeks continously, (I think due to them overworking my box).
Anyway I just thought I would let you know in case you get the same problems.

aileen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD. Now died. Protek HD 9750
Motorised 88 cm dish
Installed by Robbo
Mac computers
My Location
S E Kent
I've got one that does the same. All the time.