Bold Boy

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I went today to buy a new battery for my power drill ( still have not put my dish up ) and was somehow diverted to the TV and electrical goods department. This is bad very bad as I can not say NO when it comes to things like this. Anyway I am now the owner of a new wide screen JVC TV, but that’s all I am also the owner of a new JVC DVD player, and a new JVC VCR. I’m a bold boy very bold, in fact after reading through 3 user manuals I’m a bold boy with a headache. Never was too good at double Dutch.

Computer ….Please locate Rolfw.

Computer….Initiate a site to site transfer and beam directly to my living room.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, you really are a glutton for punishment Razor. :)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
How much gold pressed latlium will it take for you to sort all this out.

Will pay the going rate, name your price. The west wing of my house and a car with full tank of gas have your name on them as has my wallet.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As I said once before a small break in Ireland would be fine for the two of us

Let me know

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
CH... come on over, I know I joke about this, but I really do need help. There is nobody in this country that I trust to do this job, and feel that it is beyond me. I will pay the going rate for this job, Have a break in Ireland and get paid, stay in a hotel or here, use of a car, picked up at the airport, most of all lots of the black stuff.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Ah, the black stuff :rolleyes:

Its Sunday, i'm free, my local is calling. Guess my input today (or rambles) will be limited.

Mark.

Before I go ....

If your new TV has 2 SCART inputs and you have a handful of SCART cables try this.

Method One - With SAT BOX. Your SATBOX usually has two connections named TV and VCR. Not all TV's offer two RGB connections.

connect SATBOX TV SCART to TV SCART 1.
connect VCR SCART to SATBOX VCR SCART.
then,
connect DVD TV SCART to TV SCART 2.
Hook-up the audio from each device seperately to your amp.

Method Two - Without SATBOX. Not all TV's offer two RGB connections.

connect DVD TV SCART to TV SCART 1.
connect VCR SCART to TV SCART 2.
then,
Hook-up the audio from each device seperately to your amp.

I used Method One myself. It will result in an utter fecking mess of unbendable cables, you'll have to relocation your sofa and you'll need eight remote controls (you may have to change your wife). Finally, you may have to limit your enjoyment to between 22.30 and 08.30 (seriously consider taking-up a cheaper energy tariff). Please don't wire anything to the PHONO input on your amp (just because you have run out of inputs). )(-red

Have Fun,

Mark

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Thanks Mark.

Have loads of scart leads, system one is what I have in mind. Also have enough RGB sockets, have piled up stuff under the TV but have not pluged anything in yet.

With ..Sat Box, VCR, DVD, and an NTL box it makes quite a sight, and more wires hanging out the back then I know what to do with. Might send the NTL box to the bedroom as not even Big....R or CH could fix that never mind me. Have no dish up yet so have no sat comming into the living room will leave all until my dish is up and running.

ballabooyeah

Reaction score
My Location
County Waterford
Hi Razor,

I am in the same boat as you. I need to get setup - I am in County Waterford - Let me know if you do come across anyone in Ireland who can do the setup's.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ahh sounds like a job for someone willing to travel.......

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
By the sound of things Razor you are setting up a commercial entertainment centre:D

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
What we want to know is, did you get your battery for your drill?O-Ha

Stop mucking about with JVC gear and get that dish up and workingO-Ha

Regardfs AF

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL....and that was in January!!!!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
To all .

This thread is nearly 10 months old, And yes CH came over and did a first class job. I still stand over what I said ( nobody in ROI can really do this stuff ) and you really do need a guy who knows his way around. Thanks to CH , I now have all the TV I need, and have every hacked channel there is. More movies, sport and mature content then I can ever watch. Because we are mods here It gave us a chance to meet up, CH and mrs CH where to come over and spend a few days, ( doing sat stuff and drinking ) and even when his wife could not come, CH still came and like I said, did a great job. So if you are in ROI and need a dish and motor installed it will cost you big time, but CH is your man. Why spend £500 on a system and not have it installed properly. Ask the guy for a quote, and know it will be a job well done.