Boomerang no longer FTA.

N

net1

Sky's Boomerang has to-day been encrypted and will no longer be a Free to Air channel. Boomerang, part of the Cartoon Network channel's lineup can be found on EPG603. How long before Sky encrypt more FTA channels?

M

mill9

My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
It is a disgrace!

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Got to say I agree with you Mill9, but there is obviously a reason why the channel has moved over to encryption, it may well be for copyright reasons, who knows? Anyone that does, please post in this thread.

M

mill9

My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
Rolf

The most likely reason which I have found on a newsgroup is that a French version is about to be launched in the TPS package. I have checked and this is currently on test free on the Hotbird satellite all dubbed it would seem! If you visit here http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/ you can read about it and complain. I have done so. I have a Sky subscription and non Sky and therefore can no longer watch on the latter in another part of the house. The minimum subscription required is the 'Family' package.

David