Bought CoolSat 4000 Pro--Can this receiver pick up japanese channels

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CoolSat 4000 Pro
My Location
USA
Could someone please tell me if I can pick up japanese channels with a CoolSat 4000 Pro receiver. I barely bought this receiver and currently I have an 18 inch satellite dish that is pointing to the 110 and 119 satellites. When I connect it I can view some channels but on some of them it says scrambled channel. I also wanted put up another dish and try to see if I could point it to the satellite where they have japanese channels. Could some please help me with the following:

1) why do I get the scrambled channels on some of the channels and how can I fix this problem
2) can this receiver pick up japanese channels and if so, which satellite is for japanese channels and what is the location, my zip code is 79938

Thank you in advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Satellites firing directly at Japan are going to be well below your horizon. Theres bound to be some American satellites carrying Japanese channels though Check out these links:

h*tp://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html for the Asians
h*tp://www.lyngsat.com/america.html for the American birds.

Some channels are free to air (clear) Some are encrypted. You will see the clear ones. To fix the problem, you pay the appropriate subs fee, since most American channels appear to be secure encrypted.

Our American members may be able to tell you if theres anything open.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
seeing as this forum is based in europe it might be a bit difficult answering your questions.first of all where the f..k is 79938,is it anywhere near 12345.(your location would help) over here in europe we cant reach the same satellites as you,so it would probably be a good idea to check out a north american satellite forum.as for the scrambled channels,the solution to this is with the different cams/cards that are available to unscramble them.Not an easy thing to program but with help from other sat friends it is possible.
Good Luck in your quest

TWAG