Bought Technomate 8000 while drunk!!

mm5agm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Systar2 USB
My Location
Central Scotland
Hi all,
Got in from the pub and logged into eBay. I know, I know - you should never do it. Anyway, I was looking in the satellite bit and saw that a Technomate TM 8000 HD MC CI was going for a song so I went for it - I know, I know, don't go onto ebay when you come home from pub. Anyway, I got it for just over 70 quid. Now I'm sober, I can't find how to patch the thing. I've spent about 3 days on google and searching forms but still no further forward. Does anyone know if this can be patched and if it can, how do you do it? Should I put it back on ebay and get something else??
Thanks - Colin

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Didn't look very hard did you? ;)
If it works I say it was worth it?
Technomate 8000 with embedded
"magic" CAM & 80 Gb hard drive.

Not sure about patching, but I'd have thought you'd get something out of it?
Look on dragon forums to see if there's owt for embedded cams?:
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/index1.htm

J

Jeff_19341

Even the infamous "Darkman" does not appear to have "patches" for a TM8000.
Jeff;)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Just over £70, better go out and get drunk again as it looks like you've got yourself a little bargain.
The Technomate 8000 HD 120 MC CI retails for about £285, the TM 8000 HD 80 MC CI for a bit less .
The 120 and the 80 are the size of the hard disc in GB's.
But as yet no patch for them. :(

JanKing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 1500 CI+ with Diablo 2.3, DM500, TM motor, 1db LNB on 80cm dish. 55E to 15W then trees
My Location
Sunny Scotland
If it has a CI you could use a Dragon or Matrix which will do quite a lot for your new box.
JK

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Think they are the biggest load of crap, no support from the manufacture on this machine. Take the HD out, get a dreambox and put the hd in that. The sat config in the 8000 if all f***ed up and they DONT know to fix it. Maybe an odd 8000 is ok but chuck it out mate. And no patch for it either. Think the Kaon is a grat machine for the money, support, tools etc. 75 quid I think there going for.

willstone24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plain old Sky digital at the moment !
My Location
Derbyshire, Swalincote UK
Well this has put me off buying the 8000 !! What do you chaps reckon to the Technomate 7755VA ?? any good ? is it updateable/patchable ?

Might be better spending my hard earned on that instead ?

Regards
Will