Box u/s in Sweden

choppo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+
My Location
South west at the moment
Hello my dad has lived in sweden for the past year ,then other day he calls me to say his box wont come out off standby .
I am bringing him another box next week ,but if i am right his card wont match the serial number on the new box and he obviously cant plug the phone line into the box as the sub is registered in UK .
So thats my question how can you match old card to new box abroad.
Mant Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You should get the family pack channels without pairing - its the movies & sports channels that are paired

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
When I got my initial sky card, it had to be paired with the digibox and I had to call Sky. This was when I didn't have any premium channels on my subscription. I do believe you need to pair the card with the new box...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No you don't if the card is activated and you don't have premium channels. It is only new unactivated cards which need to be paired to view non premium channels.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
choppo said:
Hello my dad has lived in sweden for the past year ,then other day he calls me to say his box wont come out off standby .
I am bringing him another box next week ,but if i am right his card wont match the serial number on the new box and he obviously cant plug the phone line into the box as the sub is registered in UK .
Many Thanks
If he has had it for more than 12 months then it doesnt have to be on line.to match the card to the new box you have to call sky.

choppo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+
My Location
South west at the moment
Thanks guys so all i need do is give them the"i'm on holiday box has blown up can you match the box to the card "and that should work ?

Wish me Luck