Brand new box problem

digidude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
loads of stuff, i'll get round to listing it all
My Location
De Cymru
when you say the box goes off does it die completely or reset itself. it sounds like it may possibly be a faulty capacitor in the power supply

bollywood

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
digidude said:
when you say the box goes off does it die completely or reset itself. it sounds like it may possibly be a faulty capacitor in the power supply

The box goes onto standby

digidude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
De Cymru
i'll find out what cap needs changing for you. how are you with a soldering iron?

bollywood

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
digidude said:
i know im a newbie to this forum but, by connecting it to a 1M dish you are also picking up extra 'noise'. connect the box to a friends normal minidish and try the update, also try keeping the box somewhere cool (we used to find that you could get further from a customers house first thing in the morning when boxes in the van were cold before they packed in) for a few hours before trying

hope it helps digidude

I took the box to by brothers house and tried it there within 10mins i had the lastest software :D averything is working ok now :)

I like to thank averyone who help me solve this problem :) ;) :D

digidude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
De Cymru
glad to help m8, if you need a normal digidish then mail me, you pay the postage and its yours

digidude@euro-sky.co.uk

KAY1

Reaction score
Do you have procedures in updating software for Sony, Panasonic and Thomson SKY DIGI BOXES.I also need to know Frequencies,FEC and Polorisation on all channels I receive on Sky Digital.

Many thanks

Kay1

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire