Brand new to dish systems and need help

murraydav

Reaction score
Ok I got my dish and all is well. However I just got a dish from a buddy that has two LNB's mounted on the arm. The cable form each is then fed into a splitter and a single cable runs off to the TV. What is the advantage of the second pickup. Obviously I can now "hit" more than one satellite with the same dish. However will I need to get a second reciever and another open card for the thing to work, or will my. I'm in Canada and one LNB is dishnet and the other is Bell express. What are my options or expences, and what will be the benefits???

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Does the splitter have anything like the word Diseqc on it?

If it does, then it's not a splitter but a special type of switch which can be operated by any receiver which has Diseqc capability. Normally there will be a label on the front panel to tell you. Unfortunately the $ly dodgybox has no Diseqc built in.

Which receiver are you using?

PaulR

murraydav

Reaction score
The brand on the switch is DiSH, and it says on the switch "videopath multi dish switch" One terminal is marked Sat 1 and the other Sat 2. Sooooo therefore I guess it is indeed what your describing. My reciever is a Bell Express view 3100, very basic and Im guessing it is not capable of switching between two different inputs.