Break up and Freeze on MV

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
I am in the SE England using 1m dish, and one of my receivers that I use to access MV on 13e is a Kaon 570, does not have any card slots, and uses remote control access to put ***** into receiver for 5 encrypt systems. Since the heavy rain has been around the channels have been breaking up and freezing, which I thought may have been the cause of the problem. Those that have viewed these channels will know that at begining of the listing and at the end there are two channels that just list whats on. The strange thing is these do not break up or freeze,the film channels are showing for a few seconds then freezing, on 8 which is the football channel it went right thru all th info about the P and the teams etc and it was as steady as anything, but as soon as a game commenced it started freezing, then returning then freezing. Is there a chance that anyone has any idea what is happening, or have MV reduced power,because I am completely baffled, any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK
Tis probably ur dish -- they can be rather temperamental (spelling?)
Or, your dish was moved slightly in the winds - u might wanna make a journey up to your roof.

W

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
wilf said:
Tis probably ur dish -- they can be rather temperamental (spelling?)
Or, your dish was moved slightly in the winds - u might wanna make a journey up to your roof.

W
Thanks for reply, everything else on 13e is perfect, and although it sounds boastful, but the guy who put up my dish about three floors up,made such a good job of the installation over 4 years ago, that it has been thru all the storms and gales and has never moved, and it would certainly have been noticed with all the searching I do east to west, I notice that it is pixeling at times as well which is normally a sign of heavy rain somewhere.

wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK
Hmmm odd its not like that for me- TPS is usually one of the strongest signals