Breastfeeding driver claims she's being harassed

N

net1

A mother charged with child endangerment after breastfeeding her daughter while driving on a motorway claims a prosecutor is harassing her by piling on more charges.

Catherine Donkers, 29, who lives near Pittsburgh, has been charged with failing to comply with a lawful order, obstructing official business, driving while under suspension, improper child restraint and child endangerment.

Donkers has said she understood there was a risk in breastfeeding while driving on the Ohio motorway, but argued using a mobile phone behind the wheel was riskier.

In a complaint sent to the prosecutor by her husband, Brad Barnhill, she claims the child endangerment and failure to comply charges were added by an assistant prosecutor to intimidate her.

The other charges were filed by state troopers who stopped Donkers on the motorway.

The failure to comply charge alleges she drove for three miles before stopping for troopers at a toll plaza south-east of Cleveland. Her husband also says he wants to be tried instead, citing religious beliefs.

Mr Barnhill, 46, is a minister in the First Christian Fellowship for Eternal Sovereignty - an organisation founded by Christopher Hansen of Henderson, Nevada, in the late 1990s.

He said: "I'm responsible for what she does, and no one can punish her except me."

Prosecutor Victor V Vigluicci said: "That's a fantasy." He said he has the authority to decide which complaints coming to his office are pursued.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, nowt as strange as righteous indignation, and I though that it was getting weird over here. :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hmmm Crown vs Donkers or Crown vs Barnhill ?

Difficult

Get it on !!

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Oh, but it could have been crown.

Speaking of the final conquering of Aliquippa by British troups and American militia ......

November 25, 1758, was of such great importance that London rejoiced and both New York and Philadelphia joined in the celebrations with military parades of their own. An American military historian recorded the event thus: "As the banner of England floated over the waters, the place, at the suggestion of General Forbes, was with one voice called Pittsburgh. It is the most enduring monument to the famous English statesman William Pitt, the Peacemaker. Long as the Monongahela and Allegheny shall flow to form the Ohio; long as the English tongue shall be the language of freedom in the boundless valley which their waters traverse, his name shall stand inscribed on the Gateway of the West."

Sounds sweet, doesn't it ;)

The French and French Canadians (especially) had to pack their bags: quelle surprise!

Have Fun,

Mark.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Her husband also says he wants to be tried instead, citing religious beliefs.

Quite right. The real endangerment to the child is this brain-dead crackpot with his oppressive religious gobbledygook.