British Grand Prix to remain at Silverstone

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

The British Grand Prix is to stay at Silverstone for the foreseeable future after the circuit and its owners, the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC), signed a deal to retain the event for the next 17 years. The race had been due to switch to Donington Park from 2010.Speaking on Monday, President of Formula One Management, Bernie Ecclestone, said: "I am pleased that we have reached an agreement with Silverstone for the retention of the British Grand Prix. This will ensure that Great Britain will remain on the Formula One calendar for many years to come, which is something I have personally always wanted to see happen. The team at Silverstone already knows how to organise a good event, so now everyone can look forward to next summer at Silverstone.?

More...

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

The British Grand Prix is to stay at Silverstone for the foreseeable future after the circuit and its owners, the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC), signed a deal to retain the event for the next 17 years. The race had been due to switch to Donington Park from 2010.Speaking on Monday, President of Formula One Management, Bernie Ecclestone, said: "I am pleased that we have reached an agreement with Silverstone for the retention of the British Grand Prix. This will ensure that Great Britain will remain on the Formula One calendar for many years to come, which is something I have personally always wanted to see happen. The team at Silverstone already knows how to organise a good event, so now everyone can look forward to next summer at Silverstone.?

More...