Don't worry: It's PlusNet, so is bound to be a mistake! :rolleyes:

Jimmy H

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG43UH661V with region 2 sky dish
My Location
Leek, Staffs
Don't worry: It's PlusNet, so is bound to be a mistake! :rolleyes:
Don't think the Email they sent me today was a mistake, £1 a month increase.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
We will “do” you proud :-lmao

Try using uswitch or similar and see if you can change.

"We will do you. Period"

To be fair, they're ok until anything goes wrong. Which it will.

gap30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 90cm dish
My Location
Liverpool

Jimmy H

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG43UH661V with region 2 sky dish
My Location
Leek, Staffs
We will “do” you proud :-lmao

Try using uswitch or similar and see if you can change.
I can get out of the contract due to the price rise but I've been with tiscali, talk talk and BT all of them useless and had no problems with Plusnet so far, I even got them down to £3.75 a month on 2 mobile accounts I have with them. I'll probably bite the bullet.

A

Archive-8

As soon as I can get out of my contact I will be looking for a cheaper service.

My line is pathetic for an up to 76mb and a line length less the 200 m (according to bt) I should get more than 68 mb

I know the line can do it as I was one of the first to go live on my cabinet, then I had 71 mb.

it’s been slowly going down hill as they connect a new subscriber the line speed keeps dropping speed.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hey - that's faster than me!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I am also charged up to 76 but the max I can get is about 49, so hey ho. There's only £3 difference between 40/10 and 80/20, so not a lot (unless you're Welsh or Yorkie).

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Had a call from Truespeed just now to place an order for guaranteed 200Mb up and down with VoIP phone. Cheaper than I am paying for Zen too... The only caveat is the infrastructure probably won't be ready until Q2 of next year. Will be glad to be free of BT's clutches!

A

archive10

Flying here this morning :)
Just upgraded to IP over fibre...
Here's the speed-test hosted by the local operator (TDC) who owns and provides the actual infrastructure:

xScreenshot from 2018-05-01 16-32-58.png

and as this does not contain the latency, here's the results from what ookla.net suggests is the best server:

yScreenshot from 2018-05-01 16-32-36.png

I'm happy for now... :cool:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I don't think I can even get that kind of speed around my house!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Well, after boasting about my magnificent 2.4Mbps download speed, I went downstairs last Thursday morning to find that the internet (and hence phone) had disappeared. I went to my friend's house round the corner, the one who had helped me last October, and asked her to help me again. She phoned up the SFR "help"line and the first thing they want is a mobile number. Trouble is that their mobile was out with her husband and so she couldn't go round to our house immediately.

The upshot of all this is that on Friday, yes a day after, SFR got back to say that they would get on the case in 48 hours. So, as they don't work weekends, that meant Monday. We leave on Tuesday so chances were that meant no internet for the rest of time down there.

Surprisingly, on Monday morning the indicator lights on the modem changed to green and we were up and running again. For all of half a day's use! I'm certain that if they'd got their fingers out it could have been fixed before the weekend. SFR, I hate them.

A

Archive-8

A03EE09B-A170-44E9-8281-A9FC056A6454.png
It’s been a while since I have seen this speed, hopefully my line will settle down now.

A

Archive-8

Well, after boasting about my magnificent 2.4Mbps download speed, I went downstairs last Thursday morning to find that the internet (and hence phone) had disappeared. I went to my friend's house round the corner, the one who had helped me last October, and asked her to help me again. She phoned up the SFR "help"line and the first thing they want is a mobile number. Trouble is that their mobile was out with her husband and so she couldn't go round to our house immediately.

The upshot of all this is that on Friday, yes a day after, SFR got back to say that they would get on the case in 48 hours. So, as they don't work weekends, that meant Monday. We leave on Tuesday so chances were that meant no internet for the rest of time down there.

Surprisingly, on Monday morning the indicator lights on the modem changed to green and we were up and running again. For all of half a day's use! I'm certain that if they'd got their fingers out it could have been fixed before the weekend. SFR, I hate them.
Would there be any point in changing providers?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Sadly I'm locked into a 12 month contract with SFR that doesn't end until August.

This came about because last year at Easter when I got down to the house a new telegraph pole had been installed and they hadn't bothered to reattach my line. I had to contact SFR who contacted the company responsible for the installation to reconnect me. What I didn't know until August last year when I tried to change to another supplier was that when I was reconnected four months previously is that I had started a new 12 month contract!

SFR then made me an offer to reimburse me €13 a month for 12 months but I had take out another 12 month contract. That will finish towards the end of August which doesn't leave much time for me to change. I would imagine, given the glacial speed that things move at out there, it'll take at least two weeks, probably more, to change over.