Broadband speeds

Salty25

can't spell :D
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
jus wondering whether anyone knows when it'll b possible to have an unlimited 1mb broadban with unlimited download for £14.99?!!! I know I'm super particular, but i think once that level of package is reached, people will go over to broadband in droves.

also, I wanna watch Premiership for nowt!!!!

I know in Japan they have fibre optic connection with crazy speeds of 100mb or someting... does anyone reckon that'll ever happen here?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, you don't want much do you... O-Ha

I guess with the rate of progress on the technological front though, you'll have that kind of broadband price-point in a couple of years, but by then the 'Free' Premiership footy will cost you £60 a month!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
We now get 2M for £29.99, so its a half penny more per meg.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Salty25 said:
jus wondering whether anyone knows when it'll b possible to have an unlimited 1mb broadban with unlimited download for £14.99?!!! I know I'm super particular, but i think once that level of package is reached, people will go over to broadband in droves.
Dunno when it'll happen here but in France (h++p://www.cegetel.fr/ amongst others) you can get up 8mbps (if the line will support it) for €15 per month - a little over £10 as we understand it.

Ripoff Britain?

PaulR

malling

My Location
Midlands UK
2 Mbps £29.99 and unlimited downloads on AOL. I think all their packages are unlimited. Always get top speeds around 228kb/sec!!!!

tirosh

My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Nildram are now offering 2Mb for £25.99. It's not unlimited but the cap is 50Gb. They usually come out very well for speed and service on adslguide.