Broadlogic 2030 PCI DVB Card (Z68G72)

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Broad Logic 2030 PCI DVB Card with embeded card-slot;
Satellite Dish Echostar;
Echostar DSB808 satellite receiver;
PC Intel 3.2 Ghz, 2 Gb DDR2 Ram, 160 Gb HDD, Tv Tunner FlyTV P30, Monitor Eizo TFT 18.4".
My Location
MTr
Dear friends,

I have been gifted with Broadlogic PCI DVB Card (labelled Z68G72) and I installed it on my computer. The Image of the card is linked here: _http://www.autv.org/tech/satellite/g/equipment/tuner/bl2030b_s.jpg

I had problems to identify the model of the Card. The reasoning I am asking this question is that when i ask for the drivers, the drivers were named after V@Box ABA2030 Adapter.

Since i have WINXP installed, the normal Driver installation installation was not possible because it would not recongnize the the connection between the card and ini.files. Instead I have chosen the classic version by selecting device drivers - have Disk - V@Box ABA2030. Following the installation I did not have any problems as in the Device Manager the card was identified as network card under the name V@Box ABA2030.

However, when I install the Broadlogic application the card is not recognized. In addition when i also installed ProgDVB i cannot start the program because it is indicating the lack of BDA Device, the drivers which I do not have.

Can someone help me or guide me how should i make the thing workable. Please note that there are I have also my TV Tuner installed on my computer.

Best,

Albert

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Z68G72 means it has a tuner made by Sharp.
Did you install the card in the PCI slot first and then installed the software for it, or was it the other way round?
The second method is the correct way to install DVB-S cards.
If you did it by card first, then Uninstall the software, shutdown PC, take out the card, start PC, install software, shutdown PC, install card.
Switch PC on and hopefully it will say a new hardware found.
If you did it the correct way, then the tuner card could be clashing with it.
Take it out if you think this might help to diagnose the problem.
Search the forum for some info. This card is relatively old and there are some info in the PC Card section.
Like this one:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ite/7482-broadlogic-2030-sat-express-pci.html
Good Luck. :)

BTW: What does KS mean in your location?

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish Echostar;
PC Intel 3.2 Ghz, 2 Gb DDR2 Ram, 160 Gb HDD, Tv Tunner FlyTV P30, Monitor Eizo TFT 18.4".
My Location
MTr
Hey HB13DISH,

Thanks very much for your help. In fact I was certain that something is wrong on a hardware aspect. I just changed the slot and swapped the tunner at the end of pci slot section.

Now the drivers of both cards are recognized and there is no conflict. By the way, I have installed the V@Box Control Application and it recognizes the card.

I still did not plug the cable into the card as I am expecting a qualitative cable to come. Now I have a question. Can I use ProgDvb with this Card. If the latest version does not work which one then works? The other thing is that the card has a black embeded card-slot. Can I use any system (Viacess, Nagravision etc.) through it?

And finally, considering that there is little saying about this card in the various Forums, is this card still good to use or is it still comparable or useful like other cards such as: Hauppauge, Technicsat Skystar I & II, Pinnacle and so forth?

Thanks,

Albert

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hello Albert,

Good.
ProgDVB can recognise most cards. Just install it and see what happens.
If your card is not on the list, try choosing one from the device list.
I chose Sky Star 1 over TT, Hardware mode for my Nexus and it is working fine.
I can't see the embedded card slot in the picture. But it is a nice thing to have for official smart cards.
No idea about which system. Will depend on the package, but I doubt if NDS card will work.
Whick package have you got in mind?

Broadlogic is supposed to be a good make, so just make the best of it.
Let us know what happens when you connect the cable.
Please update your profile to show your location (where is ks?), dish size, fixed or motorized. Any other info can help us to help you.
Is your PC up to it? You will need a good PC and a good memory to start with. O/S?
Good luck. :)

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish Echostar;
My Location
MTr
Hello HB13DISH and thanks very much,

I have still not plugged the cable. I am waiting for that cable to come. I will now attach the link to the picture of my card and the embeded slot seen in it. My card is exactly the same.

I still have no idea about which system works in it. Anyway i am initially not interested.

Thanks again, and I am going to update my profile soon,

Best,

Albert

Attachments

• Broadlogic 2030 (1).JPG
    Broadlogic 2030 (1).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Broadlogic 2030 (2).JPG
    Broadlogic 2030 (2).JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 216

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi,
Thanks. Nice picture.
Please do not post live URL links in the future. Use the method I used to dectivate your URL. Thanks. :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I have attached the photos to our servers instead of the long URL.
This will insure that the pictures can be opened even after many years instead of taking a chance that they will stay at the previous site.

piercy007

Reaction score
Website
www.mps-solutions.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
HTPC
Broadlogic PCI
My Location
Liverpool
albert_muja said:
Hey HB13DISH,

Thanks very much for your help. In fact I was certain that something is wrong on a hardware aspect. I just changed the slot and swapped the tunner at the end of pci slot section.

Now the drivers of both cards are recognized and there is no conflict. By the way, I have installed the V@Box Control Application and it recognizes the card.

I still did not plug the cable into the card as I am expecting a qualitative cable to come. Now I have a question. Can I use ProgDvb with this Card. If the latest version does not work which one then works? The other thing is that the card has a black embeded card-slot. Can I use any system (Viacess, Nagravision etc.) through it?

And finally, considering that there is little saying about this card in the various Forums, is this card still good to use or is it still comparable or useful like other cards such as: Hauppauge, Technicsat Skystar I & II, Pinnacle and so forth?

Thanks,

Albert

Albert

I have this card also (picked it up cheap on ebay as a "starter"). It is recognised in ProgDVB list and works straight off. You will hav eto do your scan etc.

Another piece of kit you may want to look at is Seasum Media Centre (open source software) as this also regonises the card.

The biggest issue I have with it are the BDA drivers (still no idea if the Vbox ones are BDA) as I can not get the Media Portal TV server to recognise it 'O'

allaeddine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
abit lg95c motherboard
core2duo e4600 cpu
geforce 7280,256
1go ram
dvb card skystar2
My Location
algeria
can someone give me the firmware of this card,i searched of it for years,because irealy need it
my email is
nomail@nomail.fr

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish Echostar;
My Location
MTr
Hi allaeddine,

I sent the firmware to your email but the sending failed. Can you provide another email so that i send a compressed package for the card.

Best,

Albert

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
albert_muja said:
Hi allaeddine,

I sent the firmware to your email but the sending failed. Can you provide another email so that i send a compressed package for the card.

Best,

Albert

No email addresses are allowed on the forum, he should enable his Vcard option in his profile to allow others to download his email address

zaphex

Reaction score
Hi Albert, I have this card as well and Im interested in it. Can you please upload firmware here so we all have it ?

Thank you

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish Echostar;
My Location
MTr
Just send me your email address.

Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
You shouldn't ask other members to break the forum rules.

albert_muja

Albert_8181
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish Echostar;
My Location
MTr
Sorry for doing this. I should have read the regulations carefully. I did not mean breaking rules but helping others solve problems. It is hard to get old drivers for old cards and I have quite a bitter experience about this.

In terms of getting drivers for Broadlogic, just search in Google for Vbox 2030 driver and you will find them.

Try Driverguide.com under normal search engine.

Best,

Albert

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
OK. I understand you tried to help, so I have reversed the infraction.

zaphex

Reaction score
Thanks Albert, for your help m8
Yes I know about Vbox drivers, what was interesting for me was firmware for the card so you thought of drivers right ?
If you have firmware that would be great as mine have rather old firmware and I found in the net people talking about newer version of the firmware but I never could find it!

Thanks mate

allaeddine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
abit lg95c motherboard
core2duo e4600 cpu
geforce 7280,256
1go ram
dvb card skystar2
My Location
algeria
Topper said:
No email addresses are allowed on the forum, he should enable his Vcard option in his profile to allow others to download his email address

hi i update my profile and my vcard is downloadable so please send me the firmware

xarosmarzaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
italy
hello to everyone......i am italian and i need yours help.
how can i use the slot smart card with progdvb.
someone can send me the firmware of the broadlogic 2030
thanks very much to everyone.