Broadlogic 2030 (Sat Express pci)

EDW

Reaction score
I have recently purchased one of these and want to run it with an Mpeg 2 card. Anyone got any experience of these? I think it is a data only card.

Lots of cheap ones on ebay.

Any comments apprecaiated.

fossi

Reaction score
Yeah ive got a 2030 it can be used for both satellite broadband and dvb broadcasts

dirtyharry83

Reaction score
Do you know where to download the drivers for the Broadlogic 2030 as the manufacturer's site does not seem to offer them as a download. Or is it possible to use this device simply by using ProgDVB without any additional drivers. I would like to know how to use the broadband capabilities of this card. Does this require any additional software etc.

apogee2010

Reaction score
http://www.vbox.to/drivers01.htm

You should install the drivers before installing ProgDVB. In fact, it can be a bit of a pain to get the drivers installed properly. If you're running Win98, you may find that you'll have to install the drivers twice to get the board to work - there may even appear as 2 broadlogic card in the Hardware Manager.

I've never used them for data, so I can't help on that front.

dirtyharry83

Reaction score
I installed the 2030 card, and used progDVB, but it crashes every time i start it so I cannot tune it to get a picture. I even unistalled progDVB and the device drivers then reinstalled the drivers again before reinstalling progDVB but it still does not work. However, my satellite express control displays a signal strength of 65% and the 'not locked' text. Any suggstions about what is going wrong? I am currently using Win XP SP1. In addition is there any other software I could use to view TV broadcasts. I have heard about DVB apps but I think this may be for Linux and I am not sure where to download it from if it is suitable for Windows.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Try some different versions of ProgDVB. Some are more stable than others, and I expect that no regression-testing is performed with your card now.

Try the latest version first, and if that doesn't work, try a very old version (soon after support for your card was added) and then work your way up until it stops working (assuming that you get it to work at all!).

STICKboy

apogee2010

Reaction score
The signal strength of 65% doesn't count for much with the Broadlogic cards. Even if the dish is pointing at the moon, they'll still show a signal strength of 65%!!

Before running ProgDVB, make sure you kill off the Broadlogic software (satellite express control program) beforehand. Better still, remove it from the Start->Programs->Start UP folder.

dirtyharry83

Reaction score
I closed the Satellite Express Application from the system tray and used the latest version of ProgDVB 4.44. I configured the satellite as Eurobird, Astra 2A, 2B, 2D and performed a 'channel search' where the program scans all the relevant transponder frequencies. However, the search yields nothing and I can view no channels. In addition I configured the LNB settings as:

KU-band; LOF1: 9750MHZ; LOF2: 10,600MHZ; SWITCH: 11,700

In terms of my configuration I am now using Win XP SP2 with a BroadLogic 2030 PCI card.

My LNB itself reads: FREQ: 10.70 - 12.75 GHZ; L.O. 9.75 / 10.60 GHZ
NF 0.5dB

The satellite dish is pointing at about 146degrees from magnetic north with the elevation at about 25degrees - this has been configured for my London address.

Does anyone have any suggestion about what is going wrong. My signal strength is static at about 65-66% but when I have moved the dish it has been as high as 75%. In addition ProgDVB displays the quality at the same rate as the signal strength. Is this problem to do with my card or dish alignment. Please help!

apogee2010

Reaction score
With the Broadlogic drivers you need a signal level of 75%+ before you'll see a picture. Magnetic compass bearings are OK as a general guide as to where to point the dish, but that's all.

You need to align the dish:
Go into ProgDVB->Channel List->Scan Transponder and enter 10773000, Horizontal, 22000 for Freq, Polarity and Symbol Rate and then click the Freq box again. This will tune the card to the Freqs for BBC Channels. Then it's a case of adjusting the azimuth of the dish left and right, until the quality and level register a maximum (ideally 80%+).
When you get that, click Scan and it should find and store the channels.

The Channel Scan does not always work well under ProgDVB with BL cards in the last version I used. You may have to scan the transponders individually as outlined above.