BSB minidish

R

Rd100

Give philips a call then:) ,

I have have never seen a bsb mini dish installed before only the squarial,

2cvbloke said:
No unfortunately, but there was a sheet with a phone number to call Philips for advice on how to get the best from "Your newly purchased BSB Satellite equipment", and there's an Elevation thing on the side that rivals any modern sky dish... :p :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I think one of Analoguesat's BSB pics is the same as my dish (installed on a pole with the cable removed), and of course, at the bottom is my pic of a squarial in Nelson... :D

(just looked, it's the second pic down on his site under "Focus on..." - BSB Squarials into the 21st century)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And heres the link for the bsb dishes :

http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/bsbdishes.html

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Careful with your bandwidth limits there.... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive got 60mb a day transfer, and I dont go over very often. Demon allow occasional overshoots without penalty :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Ive got 60mb a day transfer, and I dont go over very often. Demon allow occasional overshoots without penalty :D

Ah well, as long as everyone is gentle I'm sure Demon won't complain... :D

R

Rd100

I wish the bsb system never went down the pan:-Nooo ,

I did at one time have a load of ex bsb receivers brand new and i sold them to a company that made them in to d2-mac eurocrypt decoders:) ,

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
I wish the bsb system never went down the pan,

Blame sky, the IBA and the technically ignorant general public.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I decided to do a bit of recycling, I have the innards of an old UPS with a nice big flat aluminium heatsink, so I'm going to cut that off, trim it down and make it into my bracket... :D

All I need is the nuts and bolts to hold it all together, which should be easy enough as I know a guy on the local outdoor market who has loads of nuts, bolts, screws and stuff... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I hate waiting for deliveries, I bought a junior hacksaw and a mini-vicefor this and I just hate the wait... :(

It's tempting just to hack away with my penknife and make the bracket that way.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, it's nearly cut out, and my left arm's aching from holding the aluminium thing still cos I didn't get up intime for the postie and my vice so have to visit the PO sorting office on monday to finish off my bracket with the vice... :D

Just need something to drill the holes, a drill would be handy.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
All cut out, just need to drill the holes, got 2 nuts & bolts from a minidish (to hold the bracket on the dish arm) and a pack of screws with nuts for the LNB clamp...

Nearly there... :D

leighpreece

Vintage Sat enthusiast!
Reaction score
Website
www.m5gwh.net
My Satellite Setup
90cm Dish. Dual Lemon LNB for 13E/19E. Twin Output Lemon LNB for 28.8E.
Samsung 9500 with 'alternative' firmware.
Couple of DigiBoxes. Amateur Radio station. Going Bald with a patient wife!
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK.
Geez.... I've got one of these things in the cellar (why I didn't leave it behind during the recent housemove I don't know....) - and I know radio amateurs often use them for 10Ghz amateur tv reception from time to time.....

Leigh....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leighpreece said:
Geez.... I've got one of these things in the cellar (why I didn't leave it behind during the recent housemove I don't know....) - and I know radio amateurs often use them for 10Ghz amateur tv reception from time to time.....

Leigh....

Sell it on eBay, someone'll buy it... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yeah - probably 2cv to butcher for his next experiment :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Yeah - probably 2cv to butcher for his next experiment :-rofl2

Nah, got enough to keep me entertained for a few months now... :D

leighpreece

Vintage Sat enthusiast!
Reaction score
Website
www.m5gwh.net
My Satellite Setup
90cm Dish. Dual Lemon LNB for 13E/19E. Twin Output Lemon LNB for 28.8E.
Samsung 9500 with 'alternative' firmware.
Couple of DigiBoxes. Amateur Radio station. Going Bald with a patient wife!
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK.
No way will I sell it - might need something small and dish shaped sometime for a project or to make a hat from! <grin>

Leigh...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leighpreece said:
No way will I sell it - might need something small and dish shaped sometime for a project or to make a hat from! <grin>

Leigh...

Maybe a project like mine? :D

I really do need a drill for my new bracket, no holes is making it difficult to finish it off.... :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Time to drag this one out again I think, cos I have dug out the minidish, the still unfinished bracket and many of my Lidl LNBs (including the boxy one I used zip-tied onto the dish to test it), I'm going to finish it off, at least, I will sometime this summer... :cool:

To begin with, I'll have to test out my Pace MSS-300 as I haven't used it for so long, ad that will be tested in the same way I tried out the minidish, I'll zip-tie the LNB on again and hunt for Hotbird & it's remaining analogue channels, seeing how that is one satellite cluster I have yet to actually pick up (aswell as there being a house in the way of 19.2e!!), then I shall finish the bracket and fit it to the dish at last... :D

Anyway, off to B&Q, not for myself, mother wants trellis cos we're not keen on the new neighbours... :-rofl2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic touchbox2 , thomson dsi23
My Location
sussex
had a play on the old squarial and picked up hrt1 and italian jewellery sellavision on a unmodded squarial on normal universal frequency 11489 h 27000 13e a bit of pixellating but watchable could anyone post the what satellite page for modify squarial for telecom 5w