BSkyB win all live F.A Premier League games

N

net1

A press conference held today by the Premier League has confirmed BSkyB winning the television rights to all live Premier League games. BSkyB have reportedly forked out £1.024bn, which will see Sky Sports screen live Premier League games for another three years-until 2006/07. BSkyB is paying £358m for the first tier of 38 matches (package one), £282m for the second tier of 38 matches (package two) , £230m for the third tier of 31 matches a (package three) and £154m for the fourth tier of 31 matches (package four). Speaking after the Premier League announced its decision, Tony Ball, BSkyB Chief Executive, said: "Sky is delighted to be continuing its relationship with the Premier League for a further three seasons. The new arrangements are good news for Premiership clubs and good news for viewers, who can look forward to many more matches on Sky than ever before." In another shocking move, the BBC have won back the highlights package from ITV, which sees the return of highlights show Match Of The Day on BBC One. The Premier League said that the BBC's £105m bid was much more attractive than ITV's. "We are delighted to have won back the rights to the Premier League Highlights on Saturday and Sunday night. Peter Salmon, Director of BBC Sport said. "We have missed the highlights programme, and it feels like we are welcoming back an old and much loved friend." Unlike before, the TV rights have only been sold in the UK and excludes Eire. The new deal goes live from August

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
That probably means to watch all matches you will have to subscribe to premiership plus,and also to premiership plus plus one,and two !!!!

N

net1

You could be right Zorba. They have got to get their 1 Billion back from somebody.
Net1

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Boy am I glad that I'm not a football addict, could be a costly addiction soon.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
i am ****ed! I am addicted.... but as my main concern in ManU I suppose I could get Manutv and see the games there cheaper.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what we'll have to fork out for to have all games? Its about time SKY had all of the games. Premiere World has offered it for years here in Germany. Hopefully SKY will offer something similar. You can buy a season ticket and with this you can watch all games and they also offer a conference channel. On this they show the top game and every time a goals scored elsewhere, they show it.
When will we be able to watch more games? Next season at the earlist I suppose?

Methos.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Premiere is cheaper than SKY...

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
T_G said:
Premiere is cheaper than SKY...

Yeah ! and all games for one subscription,whereas sky will make you pay two,three or more for your footie even if you follow one team. 'O'-red