Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Have finally got out the lappy and found a free dial up number. Major network problems all day on BT Broadband. Existing connections already connected could be maintained but anyone not connected can still not re-connect. BT promised me 19.00 hrs now sometime tomorrow. I was told a server down but it has got to be more than that. Anyon else had fun

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps this has something to do with the free upgrade for their 1MB customers, I know that they are rolling that out at the moment.

Not affected here, as i recently moved to Bulldog for the 2 Meg connection.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
Perhaps this has something to do with the free upgrade for their 1MB customers, I know that they are rolling that out at the moment.

Not affected here, as i recently moved to Bulldog for the 2 Meg connection.

All I know is 56k dialup is soooooo slooooooooooowwww

just checked again, still error 0718 no connection.

They probably entrusted the upgrade task to some snivelly nosed techi who's on a work placement from school lol

No they were indicating that it was a server and told me other ISP's were down because of it, that could cost them a lot of dosh

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps a localised problem, down here we are having no problems, several of the people I have contacted today are on BT.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Perhaps a localised problem, down here we are having no problems, several of the people I have contacted today are on BT.

No problem with BT Business broadband here, must be affecting just the peasants on the home circuit. ;)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
No problem with BT Business broadband here, must be affecting just the peasants on the home circuit. ;)
I'm not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant pluckers son and unlike many others do not claim broadband as a business expense :rolleyes:

dynamo985

Reaction score
im on bt home broadband and is fine here, but then again im pretty sure i have been connected all day so may not have affected me.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I've had the same problems, as have others in the area.

Major Service Incident with BT Wholesale network

If your ADSL connection is not working today, then you are not alone. ISPs are reporting a major service incident affecting the BT Manchester RAS. The result of this is that ADSL modems will sync with the exchange, but the modem will not be able to authenticate and connect to your ISP.

Indications are that the fault might be cleared by 7:30pm, we would suggest keeping an eye on your ISPs service page for further updates. If your provider has no details of the outage, two pages with some details are _PlusNet and _Zen.

NOTE: We are seeing reports of people who use other nodes around the country (e.g. Reading) that are not able to connect either.

Update: 9pm 12/02/2005 Latest reports suggest the fault will be resolved by around 4am.

Posted: Saturday, 12 February 2005, 18:13

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Mickha said:
I've had the same problems, as have others in the area.

Major Service Incident with BT Wholesale network

If your ADSL connection is not working today, then you are not alone. ISPs are reporting a major service incident affecting the BT Manchester RAS. The result of this is that ADSL modems will sync with the exchange, but the modem will not be able to authenticate and connect to your ISP.

Indications are that the fault might be cleared by 7:30pm, we would suggest keeping an eye on your ISPs service page for further updates. If your provider has no details of the outage, two pages with some details are _PlusNet and _Zen.

NOTE: We are seeing reports of people who use other nodes around the country (e.g. Reading) that are not able to connect either.

Update: 9pm 12/02/2005 Latest reports suggest the fault will be resolved by around 4am.

Posted: Saturday, 12 February 2005, 18:13

And it was fixed when I rose from my pit and boy I do not want to go back to 56k it is horrible. How did we use that snail of a connection speed. It's strange how as human beings we adapt quickly and reprogram ourselves to the new norm. My lappy is slow at the best of times but on the web at 56K it was like stirring treakle on a cold day.
No doubt BT will have to do an analysis of that incident to minimise the risk of it happening again. 18 hours without my connection felt like 18 days. I was lost without cyberspace. What a sad old git I have become.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Seems OK here, no problem. Constant 907 / 247 :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
toppervte33h said:
What a sad old git I have become.

Age is the variable, you could always have been a(nother) sad git. :cool: