Budget Football set up help please!

Rob S

Reaction score
Hi

I want to buy a digital reciever to watch channels that West Ham united are shown on. I know there on channels like TV4 and NRK1, would I need a motorised dish to pick these up?

Also, wheres the best place to buy second hand satellite equipment? Ebay? Loot? I Live near London if thats any help.

Thanks! :)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
You could go to your Local sat shop and ask if they have any second hand stuff, most do as they may take them in as trade ins . Might also do an installation for you.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Rob S said:
Hi

I want to buy a digital reciever to watch channels that West Ham united are shown on. I know there on channels like TV4 and NRK1, would I need a motorised dish to pick these up?

Also, wheres the best place to buy second hand satellite equipment? Ebay? Loot? I Live near London if thats any help.

Thanks! :)

Sorry to disapoint you but most of the FTA sat channels show premiership games.......although I'm Chelsea supporter W.H.U is the other club in our home that is supported by my two boys....thing is there is not too much 1st division shown by other broadcaster's other than $ky.....However if your a W.H.U fanatic then keep the pressure on that tight idiot Brown to dip his hand's in his bulging pockets to buy more players rather than milking the club as he has done for the past years m8!....

Rob S

Reaction score
Cheers people. Waverider - Ive looked on satfootball.com and nearly most of our games come up on some channel over europe most weeks so im hoping to pick those up. Will I need a subsriction card for any of the channels that show premiership / div 1 footy? Also with everything going to plan West Ham should be in the premiership next year (hopefully ;) ) and so I will need the channels that show most of the premiership games. Will a motorised dish help me?

The chances of Mr Brown dipping his hand in his pocket instead of knicking all the money are less likey than me ever playing for england and winning the lottery at the same time!

Any help with Football viewing (free or not free!) would be great. Thanks!

:)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
@ Rob S I don't know if you have browsed this site...but I think it is the best for sat footy m8 http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/ take a look on there and it will give a good idea whats avaliable free to air (FTA) , the ones I normally watch are Top Channel 16'E and TV Sport RO 16'E......they show a lot of premiership games

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
I watch a lot of the Hammers' games on TV4 which is a Swedish channel but that is hard to get a card for without a big payout. They also show them on NRK1 which is easier to decode because it is in Viaccess (have a look on ebay!).
They both come from Thor on 1W and I get them with an 80cm elliptical dish from Hertford, although NRK is a bit dodgy in bad weather, TV4 is a very strong signal.
Hope this helps