www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
If it was possible that we could build our own satellite receiver what features would it have and how can we make the satellites.co.uk satellite receiver the best in the World in terms of features and performance.

As I've started the thread I'll list some of my ideas first

1. Open Source Software (noob friendly)
2. HDTV Support
3. Support for all video and audio formats
4. Ethernet Port 10/100/1000
5. USB 2 Support
6. Twin tuners
7. Support for Diseqc and larger systems
8. Large memory and hard disk (upgradable by user)
9. 3d graphics on board so we can play Tux Racer
10. Remote control that doubles as mouse and a wireless keyboard so receiver could be used as computer. OS installed on seperate partition

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You've just described the rolfsat5000Ci/Linux/IP/USB/PVR receiver Longstockings. :)

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
So how much would you pay for a system that had all that ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I probably wouldn't at the moment, as the two/three I have do much of it and the rest is all frills. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I would like to get away from all the constraints that are placed upon us by the existing world. I would enter the nirvana of a world where there were no boundaries between consumer goods, no built-in redundancy (and I don't mean the kind of redundancy where there is no single point of failure, I mean the type where every gadget has a 'designed' life span).

I would like to be able to take a more sensible approach to technology in the home.

I don't want a CD player, a DVD player, and X-box, a DVD-burner, a DVD-ROM drive, a hard disk in my sat box, and in my computer. I want a single drive which serves every other device that needs access to data. I want it to be 'virtual' so that it can mix and match various data-types from a massive storage pool in the loft or underground or some other place that I haven't been since the day it was installed all those years ago. I want a huge intelligence in that same place where the spiders are left to do their thing and which simply grows in computing power as the demands placed upon it increase over the years.

I want everything to communicate with everything else seamlessly and wirelessly without giving me brain cancer, I want it to be powered by a nuclear cell the size of a peanut, and I want everything to flow in and out of my domain on an info-tube the physical size of a human hair with the bandwidth enjoyed by the NSC in Linköping.

I want to be entertained and stimulated in a system that doesn't involve a 42" plasma screen in the middle of my lounge and speakers the size of a mini-skip.

I want to be able to pay for it with brass washers, and I want it to have a single remote control that doesn't have a lemming-like urge to fling itself down the back of the sofa.

Oh, and did I say please?

STICK

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
WWWhhhoooaaaaa!!! :-bighappy Thats some good s**t, giz some. :-wow

I went to a world then where all electronics and people were in harmony with each other and the world was a happier place toke

Great post!!!! BGonaStick, I reckon you deserve some feedback!!!

:-thumb1 Great warped and twisted mod!!! Good post!!! Hilarious!!! A++++++