bush digital adaptor

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
hi im going to mackros tommorow thinking of buying a bush digtal adaptor model dfta 1000 its like a scart sized freeview box that plugs strait into the scart at the back of the tv . and acording to the advert it turns any tv into a digital receiver . has any one tried one of these .as i was worried about the compact size of the unit .

J

Jeff_19341

? how do you change channels, do you go to the back of your TV with the remote? I must try and find out more about it!
PS Just found out that it has a locatable IR sensor which I presume you can place anywhere on the TV or close too.
JMC
PPS this _http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1130785052/0 might be of interest to you.
JMC

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
World’s smallest Freeview adapter
spacer.gif

[15.09.2005] Bush launches a plug-and-play Freeview adaptor no bigger than a pack of playing cards. What’s your excuse for not going digital?
spacer.gif

idaptor302.jpg

spacer.gif
With the Government increasingly worried that the 2012 deadline for the UK’s big analogue switch-off might slip, consumer electronics company Bush is introducing an easy way to convert your old TVs into smart new digital ones.

The iDaptor (pictured above) is arguably the world’s smallest Freeview box. Measuring barely 75.5 x 26 x 100mm, Bush claims that it’s “the size of a pack of cards” and that it’s the simplest digital TV system to install.

“Being a plug and play adapter,” said a Bush representative, “[the iDaptor] is the simplest and most affordable way to convert your current analogue television to digital Freeview and receive over 30 digital channels and interactive services. Connect the iDaptor to any TV with a Scart socket, place the Infrared sensor on the top of your TV, and use via remote control.”

The timetable for the switchover to digital broadcasting, as outlined by Ofcom, sees analogue signals starting to be switched off in 2008. In a pilot project, the small Welsh towns of Ferryside and Llanstephan have already had their analogue TV signals extinguished.

Ofcom’s plans will see the rest of the UK move to DVB in phases based on the old ITV franchise map. Viewers in Border, Westcountry and HTV Wales areas will make the switch in 2008; followed by Granada, HTV West, Grampian and Scottish regions in 2009; Central, Yorkshire and Anglia in 2010; Meridian, London; Tyne Tees and Ulster in 2011; with the Channel Islands bringing up the rear in 2012.

Ofcom’s own figures suggest that around 60 per cent of the UK has already switched to digital. This includes 5 million homes that have opted for Freeview, 3.3 million who have digital cable (Telewest and NTL) and 7.5 million who favour Sky’s pay TV and Freesat services. A quarter of Freeview box sales are believed to be for second or third TVs in the home, where the main TV set is already hooked up to digital.

The iDaptor will be available on the High Street from mid October 2005.

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
thanks for the replys

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Looks pretty neat to me :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
bronking said:
World’s smallest Freeview adapter

The iDaptor (pictured above) is arguably the world’s smallest Freeview box. Measuring barely 75.5 x 26 x 100mm, Bush claims that it’s “the size of a pack of cards” and that it’s the simplest digital TV system to install.

Not even close as the smallest DTT adapter - how about DTT on your applemac through a usb stick:

I think you can get them for pc's as well now.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
I think you can get them for pc's as well now.

You certainly can AS this has everything

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I wouldn't touch the Bush units with a very long barge pole. When they released their first "designed in Germany, made in China" unit, I bought 12 of them from Macro and all 12 had to go back for various faults, as did most of the two pallets full which they had sold to other customers. :eek:

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
thanks rolwf they seemed to good to be true .i will take your advice