bush sd box with portable maxview 66cm dish

rasor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat humax and bush plus a
sky hd digibox
My Location
cheshire
I have a bush sd box and a 66cm dish for my motorhome.On setup at a campsite I am getting a good signal with the supplied sat finder but no signal on the setup page on the Bush box.Also once I get to the setup page for signal strength on the box i can't exit from it other than pressing the 'blue' button for 'scan' where you enter your postcode then it 'sticks' on that page with no way of exiting.I suspect the lnb as the original problem as I have tried another bush sd box with the same result but what irritates me is not being able to exit/back out of the bushes setup procedure. Is there anything I can do to solve this ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The problem is almost certainly that you have found the wrong Satellite (The usual wrong 'un is 19.2E).

The Bush needs access to the Freesat Default Transponder from Eurobird at 28.5E, hence why it does not respond.

Shove the dish a few degrees further East and try on the next strong signal (which might be 23.5E, so you might need to shove it even further!)

rasor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky hd digibox
My Location
cheshire
Is there no way of resetting the bush other than getting a signal from the satellite.Also I am only detecting one satellite.:confused

rasor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky hd digibox
My Location
cheshire
I was under the impression that freesat was transmitted from the Astra Satellite not the eurobirds ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The cluster comprises Astra 1N, 2A and 2B at 28.2E and Eurobird 1 at 28.5E.

Your dish sees all this as one co-located blob.

BUT, the 7 day EPG, Postcode stuff etc. are all on a single ("Default") Transponder which is on Eurobird.

If there is no signal from the Default Transponder for Freesat, then Freesat functions won't work.

As mentioned, move dish to correct Satellite position (28.2/28.5E)

Have a look at _http://www.flysat.com/28east.php for info.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.