Buying a DB

shrikasun

Reaction score
I'm a sat tv viewer in south india and i have AD7300(only FTA),i want some or any of those hundrads of scrambled channels i recieved.and need an advise where to buy a dream box in USA?and when i buy that could i able to view those scrambled ones?or need any cams? :-bunny

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
For buying a DB in the USA try asking on al7bar.tk - I think it is more US based. Yes it can view some encrypted channels with a suitable image, emu and keys (no cams needed).

rastiya

Rastiya
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
from srilanka
My Location
asiasat3s
thanks for replying,actually i'm viewing from srilanka and can buy it from USA,Is it ok for me to use it in sri lanka(under south india)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is your voltage 220 or 110?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you tried eb*y?

e.g. h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=96970&item=5772547479&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Regards,

Mark

rastiya

Rastiya
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
from srilanka
My Location
asiasat3s
ours is 220v,and also i want to know that if i should be able to unscramble star sports,cartoon network using this dream box thanks again

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Try reading posts on emulators on what can be viewed, there are several links in other posts e.g dream box world. If you get the correct keys you should get star sports, not sure about cartoons.

The DB are 110-220V so you should be OK, the eb*y seller appears to ship worldwide (from Germany).

shrikasun

Reaction score
i hope to buy a dream box in ebay,which is DreamBox 500 S +++ LINUX +++ 110-240 Volt (12 Volt) ,is it can descramble and do it have the above facilities?thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Out of the box, no. But you can modify it using a PC to flash (load) a new image onto the Dreambox and then add CAMS using onscreen menus.

It is not easy but can be done with effort. If you are good with computers you should be able to do it, otherwise try an easier receiver first.

Good Luck.

rastiya

Rastiya
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
from srilanka
My Location
asiasat3s
i'm not very good at computers but if i buy one can you help me to do so?thanks

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, you will need to have basic computer skills...if you want to own a dreambox and get any proper use out of it.
Try reading the idiot guide and see if you understand how to do all the basic stuff. If it does not sound too difficult then go for it. Of course people her e will help, but as I said there has to be basic understanding.
You know, the worst that could happen is that you will have to sell it on if it does not work out. Try to get a cheap one or second hand, that way no problem....

rastiya

Rastiya
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
from srilanka
My Location
asiasat3s
thanks for the reply,where can i find the site you mentioned,as you mentioned i have this AD

7300 FTA reciever(eurostar)can i be able to do this thing with it?if some thing goes wrong

where should be able to down load the original s.ware for it?

rastiya

Rastiya
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
from srilanka
My Location
asiasat3s
Thanks for every thing can tou tell me a name of a cheap box such as your advise given above,and where to buy it.our monthly income is lower than 500$.Thanks again