Buying MPEG-4 Supported FTA Receiver

andarun

My Satellite Setup
6 Feet solid dish (Link), dual LNBF, Beetel Receiver, receiving Asiasat2, 3S, NSS6 and DD Direct
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
Hi Friends,
Am planning to buy new Free-to-air receiver which supports MPEG-4 and MPEG-2. Kindly suggest me good model, which is suitable for all satellites.

Also suggest me where a 120cm dish rotating motor available in india....

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
As with any new technology, the current cost of H.264 hardware is high. H.264 encoders currently cost between US $20,000 to US $50,000 each. Ofcourse, encoders are only required by the broadcaster before uplinking to the satellite.

Currently, H.264 decoder boxes are available for US $2,000 to US $5,000. These figures will almost certainly crash once mass production commences. Industry experts project that within 2 years, an MPEG-4 H.264 satellite TV decoder will cost the same as today's MPEG-2 digital satellite receiver.

andarun

My Satellite Setup
6 Feet solid dish (Link), dual LNBF, Beetel Receiver, receiving Asiasat2, 3S, NSS6 and DD Direct
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
yeah friend,
i have seen the same content with www.scatmag.com... any how as you say it is costlier let me plan when the cost comes down. Can you tell me some good receiver (MPEG-2) and cost

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
andarun said:
yeah friend,
i have seen the same content with www.scatmag.com... any how as you say it is costlier let me plan when the cost comes down. Can you tell me some good receiver (MPEG-2) and cost
Please dont think that all the MPEG 4 channels that may appear in Indian sky will be FTA.Sun has already planned for the transmission in MPEG4 format I dont think their signals will be FTA.There are only the Manorama channels are running in Insat in MP4 format as of my knowledge.
You can easily get the common MPEG 2 DVB FTA boxes in the market ranging from Rs.1500 onwards.

geeky1

who am i ? whence am i ?
My Satellite Setup
eternal bliss
My Location
illusion
The article published in SCATMAG is a republication of the article published in sep 2004 .(h**p://www.scatmag.com/technical/techarticle_sept04.pdf)

Although mpeg4 boxes are not available in India NOW, they are avaliable in UK for about 200.00 pounds (16,311.52 INR).

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
The Article Highlight for Unknowns.