C-Band in the uk any one useing it

R

Rd100

Any of you guys mess about with c-band if so what size dish are you useing and what satellites are you receiveing i use to use a 1.8m fortec star a few months back and picked up a few c-band satellites.

izefisherman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku: 2.4m Aerial PFA / Invacom SNF-031,
C: 1.2m Aerial PFA / MTI 15k,

DM7020-S, DM500S, C-Tech 2100, VBOXII
My Location
Finland
Not in UK, but I get 26E here in Finland even with some marigin on C-band using a 120cm solid primefocus and a MTI 15k LNB.

Can also pick up the strongest ones on 5W, 22W and 27,5W with it.

My 1.8m primefocus is of course better but can only be used on 26E for C-band.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
When i was doing C-band 15 years ago i used a 3 meter dish, the C-band sats are stronger now but i used a 20K LNB from Chaparral and Seavey Feedhorn.

Many sats i got loads of sparklies on as i received the Intelsat Global beams that was around 30dBW at my place receving AFRTS on Intelsat 1W C-band global beam using a B-MAC Scientific Atlanta 19" rack decoder unit, most often the signal lost sync as the signal was so weak, i would have needed at least a 5m dish for this but could not afford it at that time.

The Chaparral Monterey SCT500 from Steve Chilver, nice guy by the way, had the best threshold add-on in the industry as i could get signals down to only 2dB C/N and I beleive the C-band beam on Intelsat was around 4-5dB C/N

Don't know about today but i wouldn't go under a 3.8m dish if you are going C-band, and in those sizes i would try to look for some stock left of either Orbitron or KTI mesh dishes.

A 3.8m mesh dish actually isn't such an eyesore either as a 2.4m white SMC solid dish, beleive it or not but i had both and the 3m looked nicer and more pleasant to look at and in C-band you only need mesh dishes if you buy a really good one.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Here are some pics of the KTI 3.7m mesh dish with KM1012 H-H motor during the Satclub members meeting from around Europe.

This is a old school system, you can even use it for Ku-band as the mesh is micromesh for Ku-ban, i would guess it would work like a 2.4m solid dish on Ku-band taking into consideration the efficiency.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
You lucky person Likvid)(-red

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Likvid said:
Here are some pics of the KTI 3.7m mesh dish with KM1012 H-H motor during the Satclub members meeting from around Europe.

This is a old school system, you can even use it for Ku-band as the mesh is micromesh for Ku-ban, i would guess it would work like a 2.4m solid dish on Ku-band taking into consideration the efficiency.

Imagine what a Gregorian dish that would make!!! :D

R

Rd100

Any thing above a 1.8m will be to big for me i am going to order another 1.8m fortec star and do a report on what channels i can receive

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
use the prodelin 1.8m you have now ?

jthemovie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Happauge dvbs rev 1.3 - VDR 1.3.30 - Mandrake 10.2
My Location
france
Likvid said:

I've seen that u have very huge dish, have u ever try to receive any american satellite whit it, according to lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html, satellite above 61,5°W , any luck to receive one of them even if it's a very low signal ??
Thx in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jthemovie said:
I've seen that u have very huge dish, have u ever try to receive any american satellite whit it, according to lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html, satellite above 61,5°W , any luck to receive one of them even if it's a very low signal ??
Thx in advance

Not possible as they are:-
1. Below his horizon, his dish would have to point at the ground
2. The signals are circular polarisation not H & V
3. None of the beams have European footprints

jthemovie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
france
thx for ur answer ;), in fact i just thought about echostar 3 at 61.5°W , which is not so far away from here and not below the horizon, but i've just find his footprints and indeed , no way :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
jthemovie said:
thx for ur answer ;), in fact i just thought about echostar 3 at 61.5°W , which is not so far away from here and not below the horizon, but i've just find his footprints and indeed , no way :(

A general rule of thumb is anything beyond 50 degrees east or west is usually either extremely difficult without a massive dish, or is totally impossible due to the Earth being in the way... :)

jthemovie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
france

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Mesh dishes are so nice to look at instead of the big white plastic or metal dishes, it really blends in nice with the environment.

More pics of the KTI during the installation.

ca626

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorized ku band
My Location
liverpool
izefisherman said:
Not in UK, but I get 26E here in Finland even with some marigin on C-band using a 120cm solid primefocus and a MTI 15k LNB.

Can also pick up the strongest ones on 5W, 22W and 27,5W with it.

My 1.8m primefocus is of course better but can only be used on 26E for C-band.

what other channels you received from nss7 22w on c band can you receive channels from bolivia??????????

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You have posted on a thread that is over three years old.

No, NSS7 cannot be used to receive Bolivian TV, you will only get it in the UK on this satellite

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel805_hemi.html

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
..Plenty of (easily accessible on a 1.8pf dish).. cband south american offerings from NSS806 @ 40 west
Venezuela Colombia Brazil etc ..
sadly nothing specifically Bolivian..
_http://www.skyvision.com/fta/C-band.htm
rgds

ivtammesalu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 5900+
My Location
Estonia,Tapa
Likvid said:
Mesh dishes are so nice to look at instead of the big white plastic or metal dishes, it really blends in nice with the environment.

More pics of the KTI during the installation.
Look Good!

paulvr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr.HD and Topfield
300 cm Unimesh C-Band on AJAK H2H mount
180 cm prime focus Ku-Band on AJAK H2H mount
My Location
Netherlands
2cvbloke said:
A general rule of thumb is anything beyond 50 degrees east or west is usually either extremely difficult without a massive dish, or is totally impossible due to the Earth being in the way... :)

well, I'd like to disagree with you on that one. As for me, living in the Netherlands using a 10 ft Unimesh with very old analog LNBF I easily get the signals on 55 West and also on 68,5 East. Now so far East will be a problem in Britain but 55 West shouldn't?