C-band LNB?

B

bibi bear

I've been trying desperately to tune into C-band emissions with a universal LNB ? Have I been wasting my time ? BTW I'm only analog

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the C Band unit is very different, it needs to convert a much lower frequency to the right level for your receiver. Channel Hopper or 2old are the boys who know the ins and outs.

Rolf

B

bibi bear

Thanks Rolf,
I have a DiSEqC 1.2 H-to-H mount and my rcvr is also DiSEqC 1.2
But can u tell me : If I add a second (C-band) LNB to the dish's arm, I'll then have two cables, which leads me to ask how would I feed the DiSEqC motor's single/sole LNB-in connector ? Do I use a splitter or do all C-band LNBs possess the Universal type's frequency capabilities as well?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll have a look at the properties of the C-Band LNB, I have no experience of usage, but do have access to the information. Hopefully Channel Hopper will be able to answer your query in detail gained from experience.

Rolf

B

bibi bear

I've begun some research and indeed there are swithes (2-to-1 or 4-to-1) THAT SEEM TO BE PUT BTWN THE LNB & THE MOTOR - I guess just like if I didn't have a motor : and through my DiSEqC rcvr I would select which bird I want to receive, but I'm still searching for a C-band LNB or maybe even an all-in-one, if it exists.

Can someone confirm that indeed a diseqc 1.2 rcvr can control first the motor and then further down the line an LNB switch or do I need my imaginary all-in-one?

bibi

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Dear bibi

Youre not going to get much with a 1.2m.

Certainly Russian and maybe clear Arabic from 26 East but thats about it. Others if theycome in will be sparkly and probably same as Ku band news transmissions

Also the receiver must be able to process the inverted video (the local oscillator is above the signal frequency so the picture is reversed in greyscale

If you sre using a DiSEqC system then you will need a voltage switching C band unit, preferably with its own feedhorn. You will need therefore to install the new LNB to one side of the existing one, not above or under. If its an offset dish then OK but with prime focus this will lower the gain of the dish overall

If you can I would advise setting up a second dish for the C band stuff