Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
How easy is it to get C-Band channels in UK ? I know that it uses a different type of LNB but thats about all i know :D
I have a 1.1m triax dish + force1122s receiver
Im not desperate to get them if its an expensive job.....im just being greedy for more channels lol
Is my dish big enough to get any c-band stuff?
Thx
Lee

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
LEE greedy bstard, i was in the same boat (was comptemplating same) and Mr Hopper asked me why ?????, only dumb-arse answer i could reply (was coz its there) on my 1.20cm dish i get around 4 birds that are in the band-rate, but occording to Mr Hopper theres nowt worth having, theres a LNB that sits next to your own, but is your reciever able to tune he band. So unless you want to take up Hungarian, or Arabic i wouldn`t bother, just get a bigger dish (plenty more). DAVE.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Firstly yes your dishs as channel hopper confirmed, are to small the mimimum is 1.8 however with this you can add around 400 channels some of which includes the likes of USA Network on NSS806 40.5 west if you wish to subscribe etc.

With a dish like my own 3.7 mtr there are around 30 satellites beaming channels that I can recieve adding around +1000 channels from most areas of the world. how is CNBC Austrailia as an example at breakfast time? or Kick boxing on channel 7 from Thailand etc.

Satellite feeds are to many to even list, I invested in C band a long time ago and have not looked back since!

if you have the space and time and money go for it -you wont look back- and ps dont forget the extra KU channels that you also gain from the larger dish as well!

regards

Old Satellite

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Thanks for the replies guys.....looks like it will have to go on the back burner for a while :D

Lee

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I never said there was 'nowt worth having with C band' (definitely not my accent that ) - bar tat !

I said that the dish size has to be somewhat bigger than a 1.5m before anything of use at C band comes in, as there is a vast pool of channels at Ku that can be received first of all, with or without cards

GRINGO27

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5M DISH ON SIRUS
My Location
SOMERSET UK
hi what size dish do i need to work on nss806 and does anybody have a good supply of c-band lnb's i live in somerset uk thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The downlink power appears to be about 40dBW in the UK, although the NSS website footprint maps arent very good. That equates to somewhere around 1.2m absolute minimum.You could be looking quite a bit bigger depending on the LNB, dish accuracy, exact downlink power etc.